• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Preferred Shot size for Quackers?

I'm confused confused.gif is it illegal to use F shot or can ya just not buy it in commercial loads anymore. I reload my own shells and use #1 for duck and T for geese. I like speed and no manufacturer (sp) sells anything over 2000 fps, I chronied mine between 2100 and 2200. One pellet will kill them dead and I don't care if ya hit'em in the head or the a$$. One pellet and they are dead no cripples.

------------------
Goosin now but Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ

I use 2,3,4 shot but tend to shy towards the 2's later in the season. can kill about anything with it w/o blowing it to peices.

waite till the feet

While going through the grab bag of shells from last year I found a 3.5" F. Now that I know that they don't make them anymore I just may have to move that one shell into a display cabinet in the basement. I don't know where it came from because I have never bought any F's.
I am glad that they have stopped making them. I think that they encourage "skybusting" and taking shots that you couldn't hit with a cannon. That being said there are people that use them responsible I just wait for the birds to get a little closer or don't shoot.

I've got a buddy that uses T's for ducks & geese exclusively. He likes that there is no such thing as a cripple.

i like 2's and bb's for the geese moving to bigger loades the later it gets. and for ducks 2'and 4's maybe even a bb now and then for pass shooting

------------------
this is just my 2 cents
Pooh

Cheap 2-3/4" 1-1/8 oz #4 shot on all ducks. I think centering the bird in the shot pattern is more important than shot size or charge weight.