Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
waterwolff

Feeling cheated

waterwolff

Having a hard time dealing with the fact that our fall fishing season was almost non exsistant or should I say much to fast and much to short. I for one just cant bring myself to the point of winterizing the boat just yet so I am going for one more blast this weekend probably one of the Brainerd area lakes.We have done real well the last month and I am sad to see another open water season comming to a close

DARK30

I hear ya man!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Aqua Eye

No! I've got long johns,..chopper mits,..layers of fleece I haven't even put on yet,...hooded sweatshirts,...wool socks,...sorels,...you name it. I love hard H2O as much as the next guy/gal but that transition from first ice to travelable ice is kinda tough on me.I just don't deal with it very well,...ask my wife she'll tell you.
I have got to keep the open water season going until the serious snow and ice comes to stay. Then I bow out to jack frost and old man winter.But I still need a little more convincing. Please, just a little more sun?!-TROY

fishinphyl

I just heard the weatherman say that not this coming weekend, but the one after, temps could be in the 60's! Go for it guys - we already put our boat away. Guess I will have to settle for washing windows. UGH

------------------
Phyl

I know what you mean but just because the weather is a little on the cold side doesn't mean its all over.The fish are still biting and I heard some one on this site say"there is no bad weather just bad clothing"or something like that.Put your winter clothes on and get out.Heck I never put the boat away.Its always ready to go!

Cyberfish

WW, don't do it! don't put the boat away!

Last year when we had that early snowstorm I put away my boat thinking we were doomed to have an early winter. Well wouldnt you know it all melted and it was in the 50s the rest of the month!

This october has been nearly record cold, but you never know, november could be fantastic! I predict at least a month more open water fishin' to come.

Cyb

Jim W

Weather Computer Models still indicate a strong el nino this winter. IN turn a mild winter!!!!

Where there is moving water, there are biting fish!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim W

Aqua Eye

Of course there WAS that rather large flock of snow geese that flew over us last weekend while fishing Big Birch. We all know where they come from right? It's a tad bit early to see them around these parts. Perhaps I should think about winterizing a few things myself,...hmmm.TROY

musky hunter

I'm afraid El Nino won't get here soon enough! Went out to Boulder with my good buddy today, awful wind out of the northwest, near white caps, big motor wouldn't work and the trolling motor would hardly keep up. Good thing the 8hp kicker came through. Air temp started out at 39, but soon dropped to 34. But the warmest water we found was 34.7 degrees! We think one minnow suffered a light strike. It saddens me, but I'm fearful that we can kiss 2002 open water fishing soon goodbye!