Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Scoot

My name is Scoot, and I'm a fishoholic

Scoot

I'm ready to make a confession to the group... I'm Scoot, and I'm a fishoholic.

Am I the only one out there who has a tough time making it through the day without looking in the forums for some good info, a good story, or a hot report? By about 10:00 a.m. I usually have checked it at least once. And I can't typically go through a full afternoon without a second look.
Do I have problem? Am I alone in my compulsive checking behavior? Anyone know the number to a good psychologist who specializes in fishing addiction?
Scoot

I'm sure you know the old adage about time spent fishing not counting against your allotment on earth. Well, perhaps next to actually fishing is thinking about it.

It's a big club.

delmuts

don't think you will find a shrink to help! and becareful that your fishing buddies don't try to charge you the next time out!! i to check this sight every morning before i leave for work( 5:30) i may not get out as often as i want so this helps!! so keep fishing as much as you can, and know you are not alone!!! del

JoJo

Scoot, I'm with you.

Geez, I was get getting ready for the 5th step of the 12 step fishaholic program.

Jo

fishinphyl

I feel your pain. I check the site at least twice a day and if there is nothing new I know that the lucky ones are out fishing and I get really upset with them. So if you find a good doctor let us all know. I need to talk to someone about my agression towards people that are out fishing all day while I am working. But my boat is ready for the weekend finally - so look out.

------------------
Phyl

Dan97

Hey Scoot....

I'm Dan, And I too am a fishoholic. It's been almost a year since my last fix. BUT.... Yesterday, my neighbor and I cleaned out my garage and found a boat. A 1997 Lund Angler SS!!! I think it's blue, but tomorrows washing will show it's true colors.

Also, NO, you are not the only one with compulsive forum checking disorder. I too suffer from the same malady.

I plan on breaking my soberity in a big way until freeze up. Then, it's all through the holes.

My suggestion for your "addiction" is to go with it. Embrace it as you would a close friend. ENJOY LIFE!!!!

Dan

------------------
minnbowhunter@netscape.net

vikingtom

I too check this forum atleast twices a day starting at 4:30am. 15 weeks then I too hope to have holes drilled. Fish on everyone. grin.gif

Fishn'Lady

Hi, I am Fishn'Lady and I am a fishoholic. I find myself checking this site more often than not. If I am busy at work it will probably be only once or twice, but if it is slow I find myself checking every couple of hours, and always before bedtime. I always have to get the latest fishing info. Maybe between thunder storms we will get a chance to go fishing soon. I don't think that any of us will ever sober up, what do you think?

Good luck to all!

-------------

Hey! Your bobbers gone! shocked.gif

doubleUcubed

I won't even begin to tell you how many times a day I check the site! LOL. I don't fish many other lakes than the one I live on and this site allows me the opportunity to enjoy many fishing trips on all the great lakes in MN! Thanks to all!

Jim W

Obsessed and crazed I am!!!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!!

Jim W

huskminn

If I use your definition of addiction, Scoot, then I'd better leave my desk immediately and check in to an in-patient treatment program.

It's so bad for me that my wife can even recognize the site on the screen from 20 feet away. "Honey, I thought you were checking the bank balance......." or "Aren't you supposed to be booking a flight for our vacation???"

I should especially confess to Rick, because I am responsible for at least 25% of the hits this site gets every hour.....er...day. I mean WEEK.

196thDLR

I could not stand the withdrawl. I have been off-line since last October when I was registered on the forum as DLR. It has been an incredibly bad 10 months, but I found a new doctor, Dr. Gateway, and the perscription I was given, was to check the forums as often and for as long as I felt necessary for relief. Being a fishoholic myself, it is gratifing to be able to address so many of my fellow suffers. I am very glad to be back!!!!

------------------

musky hunter

Having just read about cyber addictions, you know, the kind about numerous cyber thing relationships, credit cards, and adult sites, I could draw some parallels. This site may encourage us to go fishing with great frequency, conjur up wild fantasies about catching monstrous muskies, daydream about infinite stringers of walleye, and give us nightmares about bait shops closing. I can't remember all of the 10 questions about the cyber addiction, but, there's no need to be secretive about the use of this site, it's unlikely to cause us to spend money we don't have, my employer will not object to any of the pictures appearing on my screen saver, and visiting this site probably won't negatively impact relationships with our significant others. (just ask you're wife or girlfriend if they would rather you spend internet time here or on an XXX adult site, see what they say). As for me, I check this site out daily as part of my lunch routine, and am **** proud of it!

Long Gray Line

I didn't know you could actually LEAVE the site! Is it ok? I thought having meals, drink, clean clothing... delivered to the computer room was normal. You mean I didn't have to have the satellite uplink installed in the boat?! What should I do with the Fishing_MN text retrieval software I bought for the cell phone.......

fishaholic?
Lets get a reality check here.There is nothing wrong with a guy who thinks about nothing but fishing all day long.If that makes someone a fishaholic....
Hi my name is fishhead...I am a fishaholic.

196thDLR

I love that answer!!!!! I love that answer!!! I love that answer!!!!

wishing for walleyes

i owe i owe...so fishing i will go...lol

I check the pine river site a couple of times a day. Why is it so quit over there?

------------------
serenity Jack

cwmn

Hi Scoot!!!!!

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

ladylikestofish

Ya know... there must be SOMETHING FISHY about this site, because I too suffer from the FishingMN fever. I started out a little over a year ago looking for sites with helpful advice & information for my son (who had recently gotten "hooked" on fishing), and ever since I stumbled across FishingMN I feel like I found a friend, or two, or three... it's addictive!
But as far as FISHING goes...

Hi, my name is Gretchen, and I'm a fishaholic...

Crawlerman

heh.. I suppose I fit there as well. Since my job is pretty boring and we do have internet acess I generally check it every 2 hours at work (if it's dead.. more than that perhaps) I also check it once or twice at night. Here and the DNR site. It's allways been a thing for me to do as much research beforehand on the water and quarry; even though it may or may not help, knowing how much pure luck has to do with catching 'em.

LaVoi

I too suffer greatly from this addiction. Having a laptop and internet hookups in all my college courses last year led me from boring lectures to fishingminnesota.com. However, I guess I wasn't getting graded on how many posts I could read a day.

Rippinlip

Hi my name is Mark and......I too am a fishaholic. Besides this website the only other relief I can find is sitting in my boat either on the lake or during a thunder storm in my garage...

Rip some LIP!!!!!

THANK GOD! I thought I was the ONLY one. Bless each and every one of you. Oh yeah, . . . I'm Lew and I'm a Fishaholic.

------------------
Fish On!
Lew of Kasson

[This message has been edited by Big_Lew (edited 08-16-2002).]

USPENAMC

MY name is Sam, Sam I am, I am going fishing yes I am. I go fishing in a boat, I love fishing with a float, I love to fish here and there, Ill go fishing anywhere, I go fishing for some bass in the weedlines in the grass, Throw a spinner throw a worm, doesnt matter freeze or storm, My name is Sam, Sam I am Im going fishing yes I am