• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rush Lake Results - Metro LETS

First of all, I'd like to thank Cory & Tracy for everything. It was great to meet both of you and I really appreciate the warm welcome and all that you guys did for the event. It was very much appreciated.

Make sure to look Cory & Tracy up if your ever looking for property in the general area of Rush City, they are great!
http://www.athomeonthelake.com/

Rush Lake proved to be an outstanding fishery by putting out the most overall weight for a Metro event to date.

145.3 lbs. of fish were weighed for the event. 13.2 lbs. per team average. This breaks the previous largest weight at Waconia last year of 137 lbs. and 11.4 lbs. per team.

Rush%20Lake.jpg

Overall Results (note these are figured with worst event dropped since we have some teams that have missed an event, etc. - best 5 of 6 events count towards standings).
FINAL%20STANDINGS.jpg

Congrats to everyone for catching some very nice fish. Everyone got into some fish, and hopefully everyone had a good time.

4th place winners Team Jighead received 2 T.J.'s Tackle Packs. This kit includes a variety of soft plastic baits from Case Plastics, including the new "Jack's Worm". Thanks to T.J.'s Tackle for these very nice tackle kits. Case Plastics products can be seen at:
http://www.madtoms.com/

1st place prize of Catch-N Tackle Kick'N craws was raffled off to Chris/Andy. Thanks to Catch'N Tackle for these great tackle packs.
http://www.Catch-N.com

Photo's will be coming later, please forward photos to me if you have any.
[email protected]

Results now up on website -
http://www.fishingsavvy.com

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 06-14-2004).]

Yea that was a great day. Congrats W-Wackers, thats quite an impressive bag for the day, especially that morning weight!

We had our six bass in the first two hours, taking all of the fish shallow(less than 3 ft) on senkos, this new lure dan passed out a couple weeks ago, and one on a scum frog. All came from docks, shallow reeds, and pads.

Could not find those pike all day fishing the West lake, ended up heading over to East with an hour remaining and pulling in two fish off the weedlines with spinners in that last 10 minutes of fishing. Clutch fish!

Overall was a great day on a great lake with great weather. Couldn't ask for more

Andrew
Balsam Lake Bandits

Yep, sure was a lot of fun. Congrats to Dan and his dad, they sure brought in some nice fish! Great weather and great company! Thanks Corey for hosting and putting up with all of us, I know Dennis can get a little hard to handle sometimes grin.gif And thanks to Dennis for helping out and sharing a few stories grin.gif

Here are a few pictures from the weekend of fishing...

BDR...

brianbass3-246x285.jpg
brianbass4-183x214.jpg

A couple bass I got pre-fishing...

MJlargemouth3-239x285.jpg
MJlargemouth2-225x234.jpg

See everyone at Madison!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Congrats Dan/Dad!! You guys really figured that lake out well. I rally was impressed with the catches of many of the the teams. I have alot to learn about Bass.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle

Seemed like another great outing had by all. Great weather great fishing great results...

We just could not hoax those pike to bite like everyone else but ended up with some good large mouth. Caught all but one fish on bungee worms (dark colored) in shallow inside weedline. The other one hammered a scum frog and we somehow got it out of the weeds after a good fight.

Lost a 48+ in. muskie in the shallows when it went airborn once it relized it was hooked. Would have been nice to land that but was a great rush for those few seconds...

Thanks Cory for you hospitality. Great place you have there. Also a great gig if you can get it...

See you all at Madison Lake.

------------------
-------------------------

GET-ER-DONE

Nice results guys! No one found any crappies or perch though hey? There are some really nice ones in that lake!

Congrats to Dan & Dad. Those weigh in totals are hard to beat! Also, great bass pics guys! Maybe Dan will post his pic of his monster 'gill he got on Saturday.

I enjoyed meeting several of you Saturday evening after helping prefish with Dan (I wish I could've hung around for longer)! Although I wasn't fishing the event, thanks to Cory and Tracy for your hospitality and letting us grill up some food on Saturday - great place you've got on the lake!

I hope to have a boat by next year and be out fishing this league with you guys - then watch out! grin.gif

You guys are Da best!!!!!!!

I sure had a ball meeting all of you! If someone has thought about fishing this DO IT! Sign up for next year! These guys are a blast, and any one of you are welcome to pitch a tent in our yard anytime! Buck (The Black Lab/wiener dog mix) Especially had a great time, he gave everyone a good sniff and decided they were all good guys, and gal! He really enjoyed being able to inspect all of the fish that came in.

Last but not least Dennis!! What can ya say about the guy, he wasnt even fishing the tourney but he came up for the great camaraderie. You had me rolling all weekend bud! I miss ya!!! And when the Candians invade I am going to be riding shotgun in that River Pro! Man what a ride!

Good luck everyone the rest of the year, and once again any of you are welcome at our place!!

(Big thanks to the guys that let me feed my poker bug! Darn I like that game.

Cory Frantzick
www.AtHomeOnTheLake.com

Panfish with a Moss boss. Pretty cool. We had some fun Saturday fishing gills with small topwater poppers.

Dan did you get most of your Bass fishing aggressively?

------------------

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle

Had a great time and it was good to meet some new faces and of course see all my freinds from last years tourneys.
I wish I were fishing with you guys this year.Maybee I can swing both leagues next year? smile.gif
Thanks Cory for the hospitality!You are always a good host and just a little fun to hang with. smile.gif
And again...if you want to have some fun,join up with any of the LETS leagues.They really do "have more fun".

BDR
where did you go?
well then....I guess we have to find some time to go fishing! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 06-15-2004).]

Sorry Dennis! I thought you took off to load the boat so we just spit.

Really I thought if I was going for a ride in the RP I'd better wait till I update my life insurance policy grin.gif Or at least a emergency first aide kit.

Did you get my E-mail I sent?

------------------

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle

hey Cory... you know what they say..
"drivin' the speed limit will kill ya" oh well, it was only a small pot. thanks again for everything!!

andy

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE

Thanks for the congrats. I think everyone did pretty well. It is nice to see all those fish come in and people having a good time. 145.3 lbs. of fish for 11 teams fishing! That is a lot of fish weighed - so much infact I think we broke the scale frown.gif along with the overall weight record for a Metro LETS event.

The photo's are up on the website now...
http://www.fishingsavvy.com/MetroPhoto1.htm#2004

Here is that bluegill that Mike was talking about from Saturday. It hit a 3/8 oz. 3" Moss boss. Just a hair under 10".

Dan_Bluegill.JPG

Dan_Bluegill_2.JPG

Dennis,
It was good to see you, glad you could make it out for the event.

Brian,
We found 4 bigger females on their beds that we were able to get, those helped us out. The males were really agressive on their nests, but the females were spooky. There was one small area that we found where the fish were still spawning and 4 of the bigger females all came in this area within about an hour along with a bunch of males up to about 16". We also were able to pick up fish in that 14-16" range along the flooded shorelines, but no bigger ones.

So I guess to answer your question, a little bit of both. Some fish were very agressive, but the bigger fish we had to slow down for.

Lunker,
That bait you mentioned is "Jack's Worm" from T.J.'s Tackle. You mentioned you got the big one on that bait I think, right? How did you rig it?

"Jack's Worm" from LETS Sponsor T.J.'s Tackle.
47b4db38b3127ccebee909d75c080000001610

Other baits that came with the 4th place prize T.J.'s Tackle kits included...

The Magic Stik (great alternative to the costly senko baits)...
cpMagicStiks.jpg

One of my favorite flip'n tubes...
cptubes.jpg

Sinkin Salty Shade (fluke bait)
Sinkin_Salty_Shad_Color.jpg

Hellgrammites (great for when the bite slows down and you need to finesse)
cpHellgrams.jpg

There is more, but these are my favorites... You can see all of the CASE plastics from T.J.'s Tackle at:
http://www.madtoms.com

Almost forgot, the King Grubs are great too...
case-KGrubs.jpg

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 06-16-2004).]

The Catch'N tackle pack that was raffled off to Chris/Andy consisted of a large variety pack of Kick'N Craws. One of my personal favorites for bass. Here is how I like to rig it...

47b4d820b3127ccebf25ee5954140000001610

Dan thaks for teh pictures as I have just received a bunch of kick & craws.

I also received some of Jacks worms and caught a few small ones. I was trying to rig them texas weedless but did not seem to work very well. By the looks of the pictures you just put a hook through it.

Still trying out new things as I am still just getting back into the fishing mode after gettng away from it for a few years during school and after school.

Thanks for all your great infomration

Dan
How big are the King Grubs?
The eyes in the river have been feeding on larger baits as the water warms.It would be nice to have a very large offering. smile.gif

Brian
No I didn't get your email.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

I had a great time. Thanks for the hospitality Cory. It wasn't until Sunday that me partner and I both realized the size charts were different for bass on Pool #4. We released fish that we should have kept. Doh!!!!

Yea Dan, the 4 lber I got was caught on one of those Jacks worm(the fish in my left hand in the pic). It was similar in color to the one pictured, rigged like texas but without a weight. I was skipping it under docks and against some weedlines, and got that big fish, as well as a smaller fish we culled, and about a 10" bluegill. I liked the action it fell with and when twitched. Very similar to a senko but different shape. Only problem I found was sunfish could nip off the tail and render it about useless, but that only happened once or twice.