• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

L.E.T.S. Go Fishing!!! League Rules, Information, and Registration

L.E.T.S. Go Fishing!!
Leading Edge Tournament Series 2002
Official Rules and Information

L.E.T.S. is a league format event in which teams of 2 anglers compete for points. This is a multi-species tournament series which allows for a wide variety of fishing options.

League Size- 15 teams

Teams- 2 people must sign up to be league members. Teams may use substitutes, but at least 1 registered team member must participate.

Cost- League fees for 2002 will be $200 per team. All fees will go towards event pay-outs, overall champion payouts, Saturday night meals for all teams, an end of the year banquet, prizes, trophies and any league expenses. The first 15 teams to send in their dues will be allowed into the league.

Pay-outs-
Event pay-outs (based on a 15 team league) -
1st place- $150
2nd place-$100
3rd place- $50
Overall champion pay-outs (based on a 15 team league)-
1st place -$300
2nd place-$200
3rd place -$150
4th place -$100
5th place -$50

Events- Each event will be a 2 day tournament. Saturday's event will run from Noon until sundown, Sunday will be from sunrise to 2pm. Each day will have a 1 hour break 4 hours into the event. This will allow for a lunch break as well as scoring of fish caught during the first half.

June 1-2 Lake Vermilion
July 13-14 Lake Minnewaska (Glenwood)
August 10-11 Clearwater Lake (Annandale)
September 7-8 Big Pine (Perham)

Headquarters for each event will be announced

Lodging- To keep in the spirit of sharing information, fellowship and camaraderie, we encourage teams to camp or stay in the same general area.

The following campsites/resorts are recommended-

Lake Vermilion - Hoodoo Point 1-218-753-6868 Starts taking reservations 3/1 @ 8:00 a.m. Please call as soon as possible as they fill up almost immediately.

Lake Minnewaska – Glacial Lakes State Park – Call Connection @ 952-922-9000 Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance. 46 sites with 14 of them having electricity.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/parks_and_recreation/state_parks/glacial_lakes/index.html

Clearwater Lake– Schroeder County Park 1-320-558-2847 Opens @ 8:00 a.m. on 4/15 for walk-in reservations. 10:00 a.m. for call-in. Last year fee was $12.00 a night. Electricity available and they have a total of 51 sites.

Big Pine– Golden Eagle Campgrounds 1-218-346-4386. Located on Big Pine Lake. Rates from $14 - $18 a night with ramp access and docking space available. They also have a lodge that runs from $50-$75 a night if anyone is not interested in camping.

Saturday nights' meal site will be announced prior to the event.

General Rules- L.E.T.S. prides itself as being a catch-and-release league. Taking some fish for the pan is ok, but selective harvest is strongly recommended.

1) All rules and regulations of the State of Minnesota must be observed at all times. There will also be a boat and trailer inspection for aquatic vegetation prior to teams launching their boat.

2) A cell phone or marine band radio must be in the boat at all times. This is necessary for safety and to contact other teams for large fish verification.

3) Teams must respect other teams. No fishing within 30 yards of another team will be allowed unless invited by said team to do so. Non league boats must also be respected at all times.

4) All check-in deadlines will be strictly enforced. A watch synchronization will take place each morning.

5) There will be a staggered start. Teams will draw for starting position before each event. Boats will then leave the starting point in 5 second intervals with the last team being the starter boat. After the break, this order will be reversed. On the second day, order of start will be determined by total points, having the lowest scoring team go first, highest last. In case of a tie, the first days' starting order will be used. This order will be maintained after the second days' break.

6) Scoring- The scoring system will be based on weight converted to points. There will also be points awarded for attendance.

Point values-

Attendance= 2 points per event

Walleye= 1 point per pound / Minimum size = 12 inches

Pike= .5 points per pound / Minimum size = 20 inches

LM/SM Bass= 1 point per pound / Minimum size = 12 inches

Sunfish= 2.5 points per pound / Minimum size = 7 inches

Crappie= 2 points per pound / Minimum size = 9 inches

Perch = 2 points per pound / Minimum size = 9 inches

Lake Trout= 1 point per pound / Minimum size = 16 inches

Muskie= Any legal fish will be worth 8 points

One bonus point will be awarded for each Pike, Walleye, Bass combination brought in for a maximum bonus of 3 points.

Fish will be weighed according to species then multiplied by point value to get the score for that species. In case of a tie, the weight of a teams largest fish will be the tie-breaker. Also, a running point total will be kept towards an end of the year league champion. These points will be based on order of finish. 1st place will receive 15 points, second 14, and so on plus attendance points. Ties will be determined by largest fish caught.

7) Limits- Each team will be allowed one persons' legal limit per day.

8) Lifejackets- The wearing of lifejackets while teams boat is under power of main engine is strongly encouraged.

9) Live wells- All boats must have a live well or other means such as a cooler with an aerator capable of keeping fish alive. Stringers and fish baskets will not be allowed.

10) Fishable waters- Any water that can be accessed by boat without having to pull, push or drag the boat will be deemed tournament water. The use of a push-pole, oar or paddle will be allowed.

11) All teams must remain in their boat except in case of emergency, or at breaks and weigh-ins.

12) Fishing in Minnesota presents a wide range of weather conditions that anglers must face. Events will only be cancelled in the event of lightning. The event will not be completely cancelled, only postponed until the lightning has passed. In event of lightning, all boats must return to the starting area within 1/2 hour from time lightning is spotted by league president. This will allow ample time for teams to reach safety. Teams failing to report in will loose all points for that day except under conditions where teams must take immediate cover and unable to make it back to the starting point. Teams will be contacted by cell phone or marine band radio if a postponement is called.

13) All rules and scoring decisions will be made by league president and are final. In the event of a rules violation or conflict by the league president, the league vice president will make the call. Any rules changes will be announced prior to each event.

To register for L.E.T.S. Go Fishing!!, or for any questions you may have, please contact
[email protected]
>"////=<