• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Second Annual Trout/Smallmouth Day

Mark your calenders now! The Second Annual Trout, and now Smallmouth Day will be held April 27th, 2002 at Forestville State Park in Beautiful Southern Minnesota!

This is a FREE event for the whole family! Fishing, seminars, educational presentations and door prizes!
I have committments for several door prizes already. It's only 5 months away. Last year
was good, this year will be GREAT!

Come to fish, learn, exchange fishing info and meet great people! Look forward to meeting everyone!

(More details with a complete agenda coming)

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 11-14-2001).]

UPDATE #1

MinnAqua a Department of Natural resources educationsl division will be there along with a SE MN Natural Resources office, both with presentations and wonderful information for all!

The Door Prizes are starting to really come in!

Several guides from Fishingminnesota.com have donated full day guide trips, one including lodging!!! (more details on whom and where later) Plus, Rick has lined up a Red Barn rod for give away as well!

So if you haven't marked your calender yet, you better! I'd hate to see you miss out on a great day next Spring! Good chance to meet new people, fish, learn, win a prize and to simply "Have more fun"!!!

Did I mention, IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

• 3 weeks later...

Jim,
If I am not Spring Turkey hunting, I'll be there... My son who is serving our nation right now , will most likely not be able to attend this year. I'm sure he'll miss being there, as we had such a great time there last year!
Hope to see everyone there again, if I'm not chasing gobblers!
wink.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

Hey all,
Teaching kids about all of the facets of fishing will be one of the key elements to this years Trout Day.
SO, if you are a troup leader, youth group leader etc. Bring your kids!!!
However, I will need to know soon(and in advance) so MinnAqua will have an idea how many children to work with! YEs, it's not until SPring, but you need to solidify some things in order for a successful event!!

Still working on other sponsors etc.

If there are any key subject matter or presentation stuff people would like to see at Trout Day next Spring let me know!

I will be providing new Trout Maps etc.

Jim W

• 4 weeks later...

OK!

3 months people until the Second Annual Trout Day takes place.

Update: I have received word from a local flyfishing/spin fishing guide who will be on hand for additonal flyfishing information and is willing to donate some flies and maybe another guide trip.

ALso, I need more kids at Trout Day this year. MINN AQUA might not return next year if we don't see a large enough group of kids.
CUb scout troups, youth groups, large families, the neighbors kids are all welcome!
PLease confirm with me when you plan on bringing kids. MInn Aqua has specific programs for varying group sizes!

I tell ya, with all of the guide trips and door prizes being offered, you would be a fool not to show up for Trout Day!

This year will be a little different. People won't be able to just show up in the morning, sign up for door prizes, then return for the drawing( ie. Dark and Fishhead, lol)!

PLan on BBQing, hopefully somefresh trout that Sarge, Dark and Fishhead catch in the morning for me!

Check back for further details!

Jim W

PS. I can always use an extra hand as well!

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 01-09-2002).]

Dark,

Fishing ofcourse!! I just don't want to ask a bunch of people to take time presenting with no one around to listen or participate.

I plan on having the majority of seminars, demos and presentations mid-day. "Generally" the fishing slows a little during this time of day. SO having a good show of hands for those who are donating their time and expertise is only out of respect.

I'm willing to hear any and all suggestions!!

Jim W

OK..SOUNDS GOOD. I CATCH SO MANY TROUT DOWN THERE I SUPPOSE I COULD BE CONSIDERATE OF YOUR EFFORTS AND STICK AROUND. MAYBE EVEN LEARN A LITTLE "POETRY IN MOTION" (FLY FISHING)

I'M SURE I'LL BE ABLE TO LAND A PRINT TO GIVE AWAY TOO! WHAT ARE WE DOING FOR EATS? EVERYBODY BRING SOMETHING? (LIKE CHILI)? ALONG WITH A FEW FRESH TROUT OF COURSE!

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Dark,

I wouldn't be too concerned about my efforts, more for those who are volunteering their time to come. Thanks though!

Lunch has been a little bit of a trouble. I'm not sure if I could legally get away with serving food, but will look into it. Otherwise, we could start taking names for food donations and chili cooks as yourself!!!

Spread the word!!!

Think browner!!

Am I in trouble again! grin.gifI'll hang around.I didn't know anybody was giving presentations last year.I would have liked that.I will just have to get up a little earlier and get on some fish before all the activities.

CAN'T WAIT!.....FEELS LIKE APRIL ALREADY!
SO WHATS THE PLAN FOR IN BETWEEN SIGN UP AND THE DRAWING?...NO FISHING????? shocked.gif
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Not in trouble, just don't get sucked into the gravitational pull of Dark30's "smartfire"!!! Keep a safe distance LOL!

Jim W

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, the Forestville Parks Manager realized last years First Trout Day was a success. Because now they are asking me to acquire a permit for this years event, including some strict guidelines and rules!

One is, they would like to know a round about figure of how many will be attending.
So please, if you think you can make it let me know, make reservations at the park to camp or post it here!

ALso, I need youth groups and kids to attend as well or else I will have to pull the plug on MINN AQUA's program.

Specific timeframes for the day have yet to be nailed down. LAtest update is, I will be providing a seminar on Spin fishing Small Stream/River trout fishing. Included if time permits, a segment on smallmouth fishing in SE MN streams and rivers as well.

COme one come all to this Free event, kicking off a new open water season!

Jim W

Gullguide! Yup, I don't have a copy of the letter in front of me, but I believe it is just a formality.
Plus there cannot be any commercializing. Last year I let someone bring a few Red barn rods to show, but they were really trying to sell them. SO maybe that's what happened?

I think for liability reasons they want to know specifically what is going on during Trout Day.

"Come to Trout day! The only trout fisherman gladiator competition in the state"!!!LOL!!!!!

Jim W

• 4 weeks later...

Come on down for this, if only to meet some fellow FM er's. Bring your significant others along to, Forestville is a beautiful park, and if they don't like fishing, there are maintained walking/hiking trails to explore, and the flora should be in full swing(maybe even some morels popping up depending on the weather).

[This message has been edited by Sarge (edited 03-08-2002).]