Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
barebackjack

Doe Hunters??????

barebackjack

I am curious to know how many of us are out there hunting does? Dont get me wrong I will take a nice buck if I see one, but every season I am counting on getting a doe. It is not a management thing for me, its just what I have come to enjoy more than keeping my hopes up for a nice wallhanger. Lets hear some other thoughts on this.

------------------
barebackjack IBOT#197
Why ride the wagon when the walk is so scenic?????????

Riverratpete

Yeah, I'd love to be able to take a wack at a wall hanger but most of the time I have to take what the good lords giving and for me thats normally a doe. Doesn't bother me one bit either, just means I'm back in the cabin watching movies, playing cards or duck hunting sooner smile.gifHaven't shot a real buck in probably 10 ten years.

bigbucks

Well I've been mostly hunting does, in fact I was Tuesday night when I shot my 8 pointer. So needless to say I'm really shooting does now & I don't really care if they're very big, anything over a year-old is great by me.

Stratosman

I am hunting does, unless biggy rolls by, but I'm in high doe percentage areas for now. One thing to remember is not to bump all those does out of your area, they are your best friend when the rut arrives!

Cooter

Had a big un with a double throat patch out at 30 yrds last night. Saw her last year, has got a fat gut and deep chest. Her fawns scented me last night and although broadside she was on edge and it was getting dark - I didn't even draw. But I've be scheming ever since on how to put her in the freezer! Am gonna buy a ground blind and try that. She has busted me the last two years so its getting personal now! Nothing wrong or dull about hunting does. Who wants to sit in a tree all year and not fling an arrow? I like to fling and zing 'em.

honker23

Boy I like to hear this out some bow hunters. I have been trying to defend slug hunters point of view that usually includes......in a two day season they all hope to shoot the 30 pointer, but if a doe comes by most enjoy shooting one and having some venison.

I'm glad you guys are honest, and I believe most share your opinions.

gspman

I'll shoot the first deer that comes by. We don't have "big bucks" in our area. They either get shot before they get old enough to sport a large rack or we don't have the genetics/nutrition in our area. If our group doesn't shoot does we don't get much meat. Our motto is "if it's brown, it's down".
gspman

jlm

I shoot as many does as possible every year. I do it for management purposes and because I love venison. I eat two deer a year and give the rest away to friends and family after I have processed it. I prefer 1.5 year old does, great tasting.

Eric Wettschreck

I don't know why all the guys that are standing around the registration station, comparing deer, bragging up the big bucks, and they say,"Oh, you got a doe."

I shoot em. I eat em. Sure, if Mr. big comes along he's dead meat. But to be totally honest the does just plain taste better and I think are way more tender.

My family eats a lot of venison. (If we're lucky ) Don't bother me in the least bit to shoot a doe.

CornPirateKiller

Likewise. I'll take a buck if it walks by, but my objective for being in the woods is putting meat in the freezer. I love venison and eat it often. Good to see others thinking the same way.

bigbucks

jlm echoed my thoughs perfectly. My buck is in someone else's freezer right now. I'll eat some young ones.

MikeYager - Suzuki

If it's brown it's down in our deep camp.

bigeyes75

Personally, I will shoot a doe any day. I don't have much time to hunt anyways. I have twin boys so, all my time is spent raising them. So, if a doe walks by me on opening day well, I will shoot it. Then I have more time to spend with my family.

Crusher

I'm with jlm and bigbucks. Nothing better than a 1.5 year old doe for the freezer. We usually go through 3 a year. My 6 year old boy loves those venny hotdogs. I think he eats most of it over the course of the year. Might have to take 4 this year so I can have some!

Crusher

MikeYager - Suzuki

I want to add I don't shoot fawns.