• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What would you do?

Fish- N- Hunt

I have hunted the same land for over 10 years now and with very good success. I found out this year the farmer has SIX bowhunters hunting a VERY small section of land. The land is only large enough for three hunters max. Do I hunt this spot every night to let the other hunters no that I won't give up my spot or do I just give up the land that I love to hunt for so many years. I am very frustrated, the farmer I don't think has any concept as to how many hunters a piece of land should accommodate. What would you do, I have the availability to hunt every single night?

Thanks

Fish- N- Hunt

I would start looking for a backup spot becasue it sounds like you will need one.
If the other guys wreck the spot you will have somewhere to go.

I'd probably hunt it hard early season & see how it goes, maybe some of the other guys will get frustrated & leave. Did you ever ask the farmer about limiting the access? If you know him well enough, or think he'd be approachable about it, I'd try talking to him. The other thing is they may be very casual bowhunters, some guys only 2-3 times a season. Personally I can't comprehend that, but it's everyone's choice.

Same thing happened to me lastyear.Well the year b/4,I planned several food plots along this 80 acre corn field I hunt.So,last summer I'm all excited,working very hard to get these in (along with my own $$$$$$).Well then comes the early goose season and I'm out at the field with my Dad when I hear 2 4 wheelers by our trucks.So I hand Dad the gun and took off runnin to the trucks.As I get there I see 2 guys taking off,so I yelled at them to get back to me.Well they did and come to find out they had permission from the land owner to bow hunt here.I was so upset,all this time and money lost I was thinkin.

Well I still hunted everyday,I think they got sick of me always out there and have not returned nor have they put up any stands.

We did end up with my 10pt and my nepews first deer ever,8pt monster.

------------------
Greg