Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
adam246

new Tikka / new scope question

adam246

Just bought a new Tikka T3 Lite (stainless barrel/synthetic stock)in a .270 Win - I'm getting a scope on it and had a question. I'm definatly going w/ a Bushnell 3200 Elite w/ FireFly reticle in a 3 x 9 - BUT...what's the opinion on the different objective sizes available? I can go w/ 3x9x40mm or the 3x9x50mm. I'm leaning towards the 50mm but A)does it make that much diff. in brightness B)will it fit the rings that came w/ the gun or will I need to buy new ones to get the scope high enough to clear the barrel and C)is it gonna really throw the weight/balance out of whack & be so clumsy as to be not much fun....?!?! BTW - I can order a 3x9x50mm online for $220 - the 3x9x40mm around here is about $230...
Mostly deer hunting but want to get into varmint/predator hunting as well in the future...

Nels

I too just bought a t3 light stainless, in 30-06 though.
I am waiting for my Burris compact to arrive on Monday. I found a good deal online.

I believe the manufacturer specs say that you should be OK for a 50 mm objective, but it might depend on how close the end is to the receiver.

I went with a compact just because I didn't want to throw off the balance. I think the beretta website lists what max diameter scope you can have with the standard Tikka rings.

Nels

irvingdog

Unless you swat rats, stay with a 40 objective. If you don't you'regoing to need much higher rings, and that's not good. Plus. (shallow warning ahead) it looks kinda bad. Elite 3200 has great light transmission, and a fine field of view. Pay less, and K.I.S.S.

PerchJerker

I'm with irvingdog. No reason to go with a 50mm, especially if you need higher rings. And I also think the 40's look better.

40mm, 50mm why not compromise.

I did a ton of research and a lot of comparison before purchasing a scope for my Browning Stainless Stalker 7mm that replaced my Browning White Gold 7mm. I decided before purchasing that I was going to not skimp and was looking to spend the money to get a quality scope. I looked at Leupold, Nikon, Weaver Grand Slam, Burris, Bushnell Elite but after all was said and done the scope that was the clear cut winner was the Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10 44mm. A little more $$ but by far the best optics I have seen in that price range.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

SUNNYD

bklimek

Absolutley do NOT go with a 5O. I bought a Tikka Hunter in the fall 300WSM and was looking for the right scope to put on. I spoke with a gentleman at Gander about this. You think bigger is better but not in this case. I can't remember exactly what he said but basically your eye can only use 40 and thats its limit a 50 is overkill. He asked Leupold then why do they make a 50 and their answer was because people buy it. By the way the Tikka is a sweet gun and I went with a 3x9x40 Nikon Monarch. Watch out elk!

[This message has been edited by bklimek (edited 04-15-2004).]

adam246

just put the 3x9x50mm back in the mail today - exchanging for the Elite 3200 3x9x40 - thanks to all for the input -
this site is awesome. PS -I found a great place to purchase optics from on the web - WELL below any retail cost I've seen in a store or even anywhere else online. Don't think I'm allowed to post it here tho - but ask if you're interested....