Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
say_der

intensive harvest permits

say_der

When do I have to buy an intensive harvest permit for muzzleloader season? I know I obviously need it before I take the deer. I'm just wondering because if I take a buck on the first day (I know, wishful thinking), I've got a couple weeks left to go look for a doe too. Do I need the IHP before I take the first deer? Or can I buy it after using my regular ML tag?

Thanks.

Dan Wood

There is no waiting period on the intensive harvest tag, so you can buy it anytime before you go out for a doe.

say_der

Yeah, but I think I figured out my question - my regular muzzleloader tag needs to be valid in order to purchase an intensive harvest permit. I can't fill that tag and then go get another intensive harvest one. I need to buy both and then I can use them in the order I chose.

Any one correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thanks again.

Hoyter

I think you are mistaken. You can buy an IHP anytime during the muzzleloader season as long as you have a muzzleloader license regardless of whether you have filled it or not. You can shoot your buck and while you are registering it, purchase an IHP. You could even purchase a second IHP while you are registering the first IHP, an so on (up to 4 times I think). It's a great system if you like venison!

Craig_S

The Intensive Harvest Permit rub is...

If you shoot a doe as your first deer and haven't bought one, you need to tag it with your regular license. You can go buy up to 4 intensive harvest permits after that, but deer tagged with those MUST be antlerless. Therefore, be prepared to let the biggest buck of your life walk by. OF course, if you hunt in a bigger party, this is likely a moot point.

I bought an intensive harvest permit and tagged a doe with it. I still have my regular and can shoot either. It's the only way I could figure I'd still want to hunt.

Craig

Fishfanatic

say_der,
Sounds like you expect to do well with the
smoke poles. smile.gif
We have done this for several years now. It
is sometimes hard to come up with a buck,
but I always buy an IHP because we see and
shoot several does each season. My Buck tag
from my all season permit goes unused but my
freezer is always full of venison.

Where 'bouts there do you hunt? We have had
excellent late season success near hinckley. smile.gif

phil

Mark Christianson

say der

Just curious where in 411?
I am a 411'er too.

say_der

OK, I guess I'll just have to try it. If I can only take the one deer that's fine too. I do really enjoy venison and I'm hoping to get my wife liking it more too.

I go in zone 411.

I really like the ML season because it's not as busy. I've had better luck bowhunting, but I hadn't had enough shooting time this past summer to buy a tag in September. So I'll take out the soot belcher and hopefully connect on a couple.

WaveWacker

Hoyter it correct. You may fill your regular ML tag and then go and purchase an IH permit. You can purchase up to 4 IH permits (making sure you are in a IH area of course). These may be purchased in any combination of 1 at a time, 2, all 4, etc. Cost for them is I believe $14.00/permit. I just picked up another one for up North this weekend.

say_der

BLB - I'll be East of Battle Lake this year. It's my grandparents'/uncles' property.

Mark Christianson

I'll be staying on E Battle this weekend.
Hoping that Dad can fill his buck tag with a biggun.
Fire me an email. Its in my profile.