• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Varmint Hunting

Rick

Nels, find a small town dump/landfill that you can shoot (with permission) hope for some snow, camo up and have fun. There's a season on them now so you'd better check on that. Up here in N.W. MN. when bird season opens the first thing in the truck is the electric call and tapes for crows!!!

sarge... i coon hunted for 22 years in martin county. i havent hunted the last 2 falls now because of a divorce and now being a singledad of 4 daughters...only 2 still at home..thought i would share a very rememberable experience with you.about 6 years ago a buddy and i were out coonin and we had 3 dogs chase a coon into a dredge ditch culvurt.the diameter at the opening must have been about 4 foot..1 of the dogs that had went in was mine and the other 2 was my buddys dogs..i asm a patch hunter with shallow running dogs...my dog came back out in 1/2 hour.it took 9 days before his 2 dogs came out.we had checked with the county on the dredge ditch and found out it went for 9 miles...arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh.lol 9 days later we was talking on the phone and figured it was getting to be a hopeless situation.we had gone in that culvurt about 3-4 miles.it got smaller in diamater the farther in you went.i had even made a culvurt buggy out of an old trike and some old bike tires..we had a farmer watching the area for us.on the night of the 9th day he called and said your dogs are here...and they were very hungry..the next night we took them 2 dogs out hunting again.talk about dedication...we hunted a tree line between 2 fields...the coon ran up by the road and through a culvurt and them 2 dogs didn`t hesitate to go right in it...now thats dedication. smile.gif

------------------
Dan