Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bigdog

Dog Food

bigdog

ALways used to feed Science Diet but switched this year to Eagle Pac.

fivebucks

I also go with Nutrisource. That's what my trainer uses and recommends so that works for me. I am not a fan of Iams since their humane society deal a year or so ago.

LABS4ME

Diamond premium 9 months a year, still comes in a #50 bag and is less than the #40 bag of Iams, Diamond professional during the hunting season. Switched from Iams almost 10 years ago and I have had great results.

Good Luck!

Ken

gspman

Started with Eukanuba, switched to Diamond from a few recommendations but my dogs stools were not good with it. Don't know if I got the wrong type or what. Anyway, then went to Iams which is a little cheaper than the Eukanuba.

Benny

My breader said to use Eukanuba as well, but Mandy went through it so fast I was buying 20LBS bags every other week.
I did some searching and found a web site forum called Labrador Retreiver, on that forum there was a lot of info about the differant foods out there.
Some are mentioned here as well, but I chose Nutisource as it is made here in Minnesota.It also had all the same good ingrediants that the rest of the top mentioned brands did.
Mandy distributes good stools, and doesn't have to go every two hours either.She seems to have pleanty of nutrition as her vet said she is at an ideal weight for her size and bone structure.

I asked him about using the high protein premium Nutrisource but he said unless I hunt her every single week she would gain to much weight from it.

I too would say to stay away from Iams, not only because of their ties with the HS as they claim to no longer suport them but their food has a ton of fillers and chicken by products.

Those by products are all the intrails,beaks, bones, feet and what ever else falls into the mixer so I wouldn't feed that stuff to any animal.

Benny

Norsky

I feed my dogs Nutrisource, Gander Mtn actually has the cheapest price on it that I've found. 35# for 24.99, dogs love it and their coats look great.

Sliderfishn

Nutrisource is what my dog gets, my trainer uses it and I like the way my dog looks on it. He is a gsp just in case you wanted to know.

irvingdog

Nutrisource all the way. In a previous career, I was very involved in pets and pet food. I've done the math a million times. Nutrisource is amazing.

springerspeed

Nutro Max here for all my springers. Pretty much the same as the above mentioned.

jegerjack

What does everyone feed there hunting buddies... I am feeding my 2 yr old lab Jack Iams. I now have a new lab in the fold so I was looking to see if there was a less expensive alternative but is just as healthy. I will not change just to save myself a couple bucks, I'm just looking around to see what's out there. I have used Iams since he was a pup....

JegerJack

------------------
"What the old man trade for these guys... A used puck bag..."

mudman

It's called precise I get it at chuck and don's pet food outlet.
$42 for a 40# bag

I haven't had any issues. parents feed it to thier golden retriever for 15 yrs

Start with puppy then growth then adult then senior

Harmonica Bear

I feed my 6 yr old English Setter Diamond Premium. Pretty much always have and I've been satisfied with it. I've never had a reason to change. I did feed her Pro-plan when she was a pup, basically that was what the breeder was feeding.

I can't remember what the specifics were, but I thought there were some real negatives about Iams. I could be way off base on that one though. If so, my apologies.

HB

Dano2

I just started my dogs on Nutri source too.
very high quality food, without the HUGE price.
$26.00 for 40# Super Performance.

larryz

Our chocolate lab pup also gets Nutrisource. She started on Large Breed Puppy and we changed over to Adult at six months, at the recommendation of the breeder and our vet. She is doing very well on this food which is made in Perham, MN.

fishnutbob

Nutri source Adult, I was feeding Iams and find Nutri source as good or better at 24.95 for a 35lb bag, anybody out west you can buy it at Waconia Farm supply buy 12 bags and get the next bag free.

BLACKJACK

Science Diet, I like the fact that they have the different levels, Senior in the summer to help keep the weight off, premium during the hunting season.

jegerjack

Ok, I think I will go with Nutrisource I see gander has it where else can I find it?

Thanks, JegerJack

------------------
"What the old man trade for these guys... A used puck bag..."

Marmot

Nutrisource's webpage has a link for dealers.

Marmot

Perch Jerker

Eukenuba.

Have fed all my dogs that for years, never a problem.

PJ

Foothill

My vet (Blaine Area Pet Hospital) recommended Eukanuba #1 and Science Diet #2. I'm using Eukanuba and have never had any problems - dog loves the food and her stool is always nice and hard.

SRandall

I live in Grand Rapids and have recently aquired a new puppy and the breeder recommended either "Nutro" or "Canidae"
I chose Canidae and have been very pleased with it. Both foods are carried by the pet store here in town. Canidae is nice because you only have to use one food year round, just adjust the portion as the dog grow.

French Spaniel

I feed four adult dogs and I have found that Exceed ...a brand that can be found in Sam's club is a quality dog food.

We like the Chicken formula best: 30% protein and 26% fat. They don't produce a lot of stools and the ones they do are of the "Tootsie Roll" quality.

Our dogs have lots of energy, nice coats and seem very healthy.

French Spaniel

Dano2

I like tootsie rolls, heh, heh, sorry, couldn't resist

bigwegs

Does anyone know where I can get Nutrisource around Grand Rapids. I looked at the website but the nearest dealer was in Bemidji.

bigwegs