Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jegerjack

female name?

jegerjack

I am getting a female lab and I cannot think of a name to call her in the field. MY wife wants Daisy or Dixie. I am supposed to come up with a couple. I have always been told to come up[ with a single syllable name for a dog. Anyone have a good name they have heard or used. My males name is Jack (that is were I got jegerjack)

JegerJack

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

Jackpine Rob

Perhaps something original like "Dog".

Or take a page from the old KQ morning show and go with b - i - c - h.

You could also play off of the campaign antics of a certain female DFL legislator from Minneapolis who was caught fetching other peoples property and call her "Con (Kahn)"

gspman

Sammy, Coco, Mona, Rye, Rosie, Tara, Ariel, Cookie

Pheasant Slayer

I named my female springer Fred!!

But we call her Freddie...

People think Im insane

Mike

Amandafish

How about Diane

SDwalleyes

One or two syllables really doesn't matter. They hear your voice and the first syllable and they know who you're talking to. My female is Mandy. I hunt with a guy who has a Maggie and he calls her Mags in the field.

Gissert

My female lab is Nellie.

danny berg

I always have the same problem, not knowing what to name the dog.
Here is how I do it, I get the dog and watch him/her for a few weeks then give it a name to match his personality.
I named my last dog Woody because everytime he went out to take a dump he got a woody.
There were other names in the beginning that I cannot post here, But I am sure you know what I mean....

larryz

How about Jack and Jill?

Eric Wettschreck

When I got my female lab, 9 years ago, she was 6 weeks old and named "Lady." I spose there are people who don't mind that name, but I hated it.

She's black, I named her Dale. There is a big #3 on her dog house.

Hossienda

Named my lab Amazing Grace. She is the smartest dog I have ever had.

-Hossienda

Bushwacker

Our lab is named Libby- I was searching for dog names and it just seemed to fit.

setterguy

I like names that have something to do with other things I like, my females name is Kenai, after the Kenai river in Alaska. My buddies dogs name is Pike, he acts like one too. I have a friend that named thier Irish setter Dublin for obvious reasons. What else do you like to do?

Like movies? Brando

Fishing? Loomis

Home Improvements? Makita

Nascar? Hemmi

Just some ideas, take something you enjoy and then come up with something that fits your personality and your hobbies.

My next dogs name is either Gretzky, or Freely, for Ace Freely the lead guitarist from KISS. Rock on!!!

[This message has been edited by setterguy (edited 09-30-2004).]

Dan Thiem

How about Kama.It means wished for.

BBL Resident

You first have to come up with a big long important name to register your dog with the AKA. And then make sure you can get a hunting name out of it.
I.e. I name my dog "Winchester Johnathan Thomas the 1st" (after the first gun I bought my oldest son and then used each sons name in the dogs official name)
We call him Chester!
Have fun!

Maverick1951

My buddie named his dog DEEOGEE, if you say it really slow it's funny.

Twitter

My yellow lab is named Molly.....she looked like a Molly when we picked her up.
I've also got a sweetheart of an 11y/o golden retriever named Chia ......the kids named her when she was a liitle ball of fur and they thought she looked like a Chia pet, the little clay figures that are covered with green plants.....now she's about 50 lbs overwieght and looks like a BIG Chia pet grin.gif

My personal favorite, that I'll use again some day for another dog (after I stop missing her so much) was a Brittany I had a few years back that I had to put down because she had bitten too many people (one of the hardest things I've ever done!) and was a one man dog that was VERY protective of my wife and kids, when she bit a neighbor kid that startled her when she was sleeping on the front step, I had no choice, anyways, her name was Wingo....I called her Wingnut.
I've always thaought that was a great name for a bird dog.

Good luck finding a name.
Twitter

Blaze

If it was a pointing dog, I'd have to go with Gissert's "Nellie". That way, when she locks up on a bird, you could say "Whoa, Nellie!" grin.gif

The name puts a mental picture of Little House on the Prairie in my mind though. HAH!

jegerjack

I was thinking Helga

JegerJack

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

duckbuster

How about JADE!!!

duckbuster

How about JADE!!!

jegerjack

ok, the wife shot down Helga.... So I came up with Josey, after "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

JegerJack

------------------
"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, that's when you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

[This message has been edited by jegerjack (edited 09-30-2004).]

Eric Wettschreck

jegerjack, best movie ever made.

"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

Failin'onPhalen

I want to get another dog, just to think of another name...

I've always liked Sam (short Samatha) and Maddi/Maddy (short for Madison)...have fun!

Phalen