• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Suggestions on dog training books?

The Yeti

Hopefully getting a golden this fall. Any suggestions on training books? I hunt pheasants, grouse and ducks..

The Richard Wolters books are very good: Water Dog, Game Dog, Gun Dog, etc. Simple and effective. I used them to train my Britt 11 years ago, having never trained a dog before and she turned out great. You can get them at any outdoors store I imagine. Best of luck. Sadly, I'll probably be walking in your shoes again soon.

I would highly recommend richard wolters books as well as the videos! Very Good and highly effective!

I also recamend the Wolters books and videos.I have both the books and DVD's as the DVD's actually show you how to get the dog to do what you want.
The books are great refreance for out in the field, but I liked the DVD's best.

I have the "10 minute retriever" book that is another good one.As are the DOBBS videos, and books.

But the Wolters series seem to work best for my dog, the 10 minute retriever book is hard to follow in my opinion.

I would also highly recamend a pro trainer for the begaining stages of gun dog training.
The money is well spent to get a young dog into the learning mode.

Benny