Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jlm

E-Collar Info

jlm

Ok fellow dog trainers, I would like to get a discussion going about E-collars. I am in the market but I guess I did not realize that there were SOOOOO many to choose from. If you currently use an E-collar, what do you like about it and what do you not like about it? What are some things that you can do without and what are some things that are a must? How about price? Sound off fellas, I am interested in your opinions!

Koda

I have used the TT sport 60 for two years with my lab and I have no complaints.
However my next collar will be a dogtra because I like the "pager" feature and the smaller sized transmitter.

Bushwacker

I have a Dogtra 1200 NCP and I could not ask for anything more in a collar. N-is for nick, which is a quick nick to remind the dog to listen. C-is for constant. This give up to an 8-second correction that is perfect for force fetch training. It easily teaches the dog that it can "turn off pressure" by following a command. P-is for pager. I have heard people say that this is a useless feature on a collar, but to be honest, it is the most button I use the most. In two months of using the Dogtra I have rarely had to use the "burn" buttons. Usely once in the beginning of our training sessions she will ignore a command. All I have to do is vibrate the collar with the pager button and then she knows what comes next if she doesn't start obeying.
Another thing that is nice about the Dogtra is the transmitter. It is nice and small and fits nicely on a laynard around your neck. I believe it is also the only waterproof transmitter there is. There are water resistant, but the Dogtra can be submerged and still will keep working.
It also has rheostatic power levels from 0-100. I have never gone past 20 and I have tried that level on myself and it has less of a jolt than a 9V battery on your tongue.

[This message has been edited by Bushwacker (edited 06-21-2004).]

Swamp Scooter

I agree. Dogtra has done a great job in turning out a useful and affordable unit. The water proof is invaluable, speaking from going down in the swamp more than once. I shorted out a few other models but this one still keeps ticking and as stated the size of the transmitter is great. Lots of variability on levels too. I think on mine I read where the constant button will stay on for up to 20 seconds. The tri-tronics was only 8. Maybe wrong but I have not needed to use it nearly that long anyway.

If you want used ones check collar clinic. They might have something you like too. They can get spendy when you add that to all the other gear you "need" and "need to replace or upgrade"

I have the tri tronics clasic 70. I like it because it only has one button on the side. The other feature i like is the beeper button on top of the remote. I use it for silent recal, but it could be used for any number of things.

Scott

fishing 101

I have the Classic 70 also. No complaints as to how it works. I have had inotech, and will never buy another. The Tri-tronics works awesome, the only thing that I do not care for is the transmitter. While hunting it is fine (belt loop) But other than that, the transmitter is kind of an inconvenience.