Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
lxpro

ST Croix RIver

lxpro

FYI Tried Walleye fishing this morning south of the interstate bridge. Much to my surprise when I returned to my car, parked on the WI side, I had a $10 ticket for illegal parking. I know what you're thinking....look before you park! Old habits, Been fishing there for 15 years with no problems, never did see any signs. Guess this ends all access to that part of the river with no place left to park. Fisherman beware.

hunt4food

$10.00 isn't bad. when you think about it, it's no different than paying to park in a ramp for a professional sporting event. wink.gif That's too bad though. I have never parked there, but I know the spot you are referring to. I would call the local police and check into this. You would most likely win if you went to court on it. but they also know you are not going to take time off from work (or fishing for that matter) to fight a $10.00 ticket. Welcome to the land of the free I guess frown.gif

Boz

How did you not see any of the no parking signs. They are posted about every 25 ft. except under the 94 overpass. They are trying to cut down on the trash around that area. All summer hordes of fisher people make their way along the rocks to get out to the open water. It looks like most of them pack it in, and leave it there.

lxpro

Boz.....After 15 years of fishing there, it becomes second nature. I'm not grumbling about the $10 It's about the loss of public access. Not only to fishing but to hunting also. That is what should be alarming! There are now no more options for fishing the public water south of the bridge during the winter. Not that the fishing was ever that great in the first place. A limited parking area for a small amount of cars between designated signs could have,and, in my opinion should have been left in place.

Boz

Actually, if they had wanted to provide some parking, they could put parking spots under the 94 bridge. I think whoever designated the area as a too much traffic area, really did not want the folks from The Cities to encroach on their neighborhood. Now it is safe for them. We wnet down there, looking for river access, only to be amazed at the number of NO PARKING signs. Too bad. I would think there would be some really choice spots to fish, if you could get to them.