Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
liphooked

fishing south of I-94

liphooked

I have fished the St. Croix near I-94 twice and did pretty good for walleyes.

If i were to launch my boat south at Bluff's park what is the fishing like in that area? I am primarily a jig and minnow/crawler fisherman for walleye's and a spinner bait or tube fisherman for smallies. I would like to get into some smallmouth bass fishing in near future and look forward to what the St. Croix has to offer.

is it wise to look at hiring a guide for a day to learn the different areas of the river?

Sturgeon46

Upstream just a couple of miles to the kinnie narrows. Downstream to Prescott and anywhere in between.

fishsimple13

For walleyes, hit the points from the Bluffs up to the Kinnie. Start around 18 and work down from there. If you don't see fish on your LCD, move on. The point right in front of the access can be hot as it gets into fall. The north end of the Kinnie narrows is also a reliable place. I have not been down there for 2 weeks but it has been a jig and minnow bite, pretty much, so far this year. Bouncers have produced but not like last year. The bridge in Prescott has been a early am bite. Don't overlook the downstream side of those points, especially the two just downstream from the Kinnie narrows.
I'm not a hardcore smallie guy, if I see them surfacing, I take advantage. I have seen a number of guys working the rocks on the MN side from the middle of the Kinnie and downstream from there successfully. Also up shallow on the point in front of the Bluffs access can be good. Took a 19 there a few years ago. Best wishes!

crappie getter

liphooked,

This is a good area from prescott to the kinni. You will fit in well with crawlers for walleyes and tubes for smallies. Check it out you will enjoy this area.

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
arndts@tcq.net
St. Croix River

STILLNOFISH

Fished friday around the 94 bridge and a little ways south. Very tough fishing with only 1 16 inch sauger. Was able to bring in a 14 pound and 5 pound channel cat. Anyone else having any luck.

JJB

I have been doing ok on shads through there
this last week but you need them deep.Was in
18-24 feet last night go 2 wallys and 1 saug
all pritty small(14 s and 1 15)all the fish came off of crayfish color #5.I found a 26
incher that had floated up to the surface.He
was still alive but in bad shape,dont know what was wrong,too bad.what depht have you guys been seeing walleyes at throug there.

liphooked

Fished Saturday morning around I-94 and south on Wisconsin side of river. Caught 4 walleye (13-14") using gold 1/8 jig and crawler. tried flat head minnows but didn't even get a bite. Also tried the 15-25 ft breakline -- had few light hits but not much more. Thought with the strong wind we would find more stacked up by the bridge but not the case. Haven't tried much speed trolling (noticed quite a few people doing that the past few weeks north and south of the bridge in the channel -- didn't see too many fish being brought in, at least not of any size).

might try a week day morning next (less traffic from pleasure boats).

walleyefanatic

Haven't been out there for a couple of weeks but I had success from 20' down to 35' for the 'eyes. Crankin' and jiggin' both produced some quality fish if you have a little patience and keep an eye on the details. We even found some "stupid" 'eyes while trying to tempt a catfish with a wad of crawlers. So much for your presentation being as natural as possible.