• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What a day!

riverdancer

My hubby took the day off yesterday and we thought a little visit to the river would be in order. What a day, caught walleyes until 11 or so, even had enough keepers for a great dinner, Took our girls out for awhile, swam etc. What a day!

------------------
****riverdancer****

Sounds like a great day. It is nice to get out during the week when there is not as much traffic on the river.
I seem to remember that you where new to the river last year. Sounds like you are finding your way around now. What part of the river where you fishing?
I got out on sunday evening north of osceola. the eyes where slow but I did manage to get a nice 20.75" smallie to the boat. Looking forward to getting out again this weekend.

Mike W.
We were down by afton by catfish bar. Where do you go by Oseola? We haven't gone north much because we don't know the river very well up there and not sure if the boat would make it. We have a 18 1/2 Skeeter walleye boat, What do you think?

------------------
****riverdancer****

You should be fine for boating this weekend and maybe into next. Most of the river should be ruinning 5 to 7 feet or more right now. The osceola strech of river does get very shallow in mid to late summer. If you are interisted in checking out this streach of river do it now while the water is up. A good long trip is to put in at W O brian park and head up to the cliffs at taylors falls. A shorter one is from osceola north.
I am heading back over there in about a hour for a good evening of fishing.