• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Help!

Slip Sinker

I am taking my wife fishing tomorrow and would like to see her catch her first Walleye. Does anyone have suggestions on where to fish and what technique to use? I am relatively new to St. Croix River fishing and know only of the Prescott Bridge area and the Kinnikinnick (sp?)narrows. Any help would be much appreciated.

slip sinker,

Try around the no wake bouys(spelling?) to the north of the prescott bridge you will see where everyone is fishing. Drag some worms on the bottom look for 15-20'. Also the kinni area is still doing pretty well also. Jig and minnows work well too. Alot of small fish though but action!

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

Thanks Crappie Getter. Spent 6 hours at the Kinni Narrows. Caught 17 Walleye/Sauger between 12 1/2" and 14 1/2" in 16 to 22 feet of water. My wife not only caught her first Walleye, but she caught a number of them. It was amazing, the fish didn't seem bothered by the big boats. Also caught at least 30 White Bass and 2 Drum. Had a great time. Any idea where the bigger fish are?