• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

94 Bridge

STILLNOFISH

Fished saturday by the 94 bridge and Catfish point. Ended up with four keepers (16-20inch)and one really nice crappie. Of course there were several smaller walleyes mixed in and the usual sheephead. Good luck to all

We fished Sunday near Stillwater for Crappies. Did not get a lot but the ones we got were really nice.

I was out on sunday for a couple of hours. got 2 nice pike, both 30 inches. seems like the high water is goofing up my pattern that has been working- we got a couple dozen smallies but not one walleye. might be the first time i have not gotten a walleye open water fishing the river. I can't wait till smallies open up- god they are fun to catch. man they tast good too! just kidding

Fished Saturday from the 94 bridge south to Afton state park. Caught at least 3 walleyes at each of our stops. They were in the trees normally on the shoreline on outside points everywhere we fished. Strangely enough, we found the most in the flooded city park just south of Afton boat docks. Used Hot-n-tot, crawdad color, dark jigs, blue over silver rapalas. Inside corners over rocks produced 2-3 lb Smallies using the same crank baits. We think that the 10+ walleyes and few sauger we caught (all released) were having a picnic since they were around the submerged picnic tables and barbecue grills!

Do they have the channel markers in yet around the Stillwater area? Haven't been able to make over there since the opener.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been fishing around bayport, afton area. Went out last thursday for a couple hours and did o.k. Caught 15 walleye most small and 1 sheephead. Jig and fathead was working the best. Good Luck

[This message has been edited by STILLNOFISH (edited 06-12-2003).]

We've been doing ok near the Kinni. Lots of short walleyes - few legals. Lots of big silver bass.

I brought my father down to the Croix both Sunday and Monday and we couldn't seem to keep the fish off the hooks. We even tried mixing up our presentations to try to fool the fish but they seemed bound and determined to join us in the boat. We only caught 8 legal fish (all still swimming) but it's fun just to have something pull on the line. We even had the pleasure of doing battle with a little Musky just south of the Hudson bridge. Darn thing broke me off right next to the boat so if anyone catches a little 'sky with a firetiger huske jerk you'll know who it belonged to. As for presentations we started off trolling cranks with leadcore in 20-27 feet of water just south of the Hudson bridge. After getting beat to death by the pleasure boaters we moved down to the rocks between Hudson and Afton. That was the only place we were able to keep the fish out of the boat. Off to Catfish bar pulling lindy's with fatties, rainbows, and crawlers. Went home when we ran out of bait (Scoop and a half of minners and a dozen crawlers). On Monday we hit the river around 6pm and had equal success between Catfish bar and the Washington county park. I was glad that my father was able to experience what a great fishery the Croix has turned into before heading back to Florida on Tuesday.