Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

REPORTS

13 posts in this topic

How did everyone do today? I am stuck at work and thinking of hitting the river between downpours tomorrow. Any tips?

It was really nice out today - lots of boats and lots of 14 inch wallies getting caught not to mention the game warden writing a few tickets. Was in the channel lindy style with fatheads and caught about 5 with no keepers - appeared that everyone else had the same type of luck. A little windy.

Same here, great to be on the river but short walleyes with older siblings that were not liking what we had to offer for food!!!!!!!!

Same here. I did notice alot of milk coming out of those little males. Must be some bigger fish in the area some where.
Nice to be back on that strech of river.

Didn't do much in the morning, tried some new spots to stay away from the combat fishing. Fished Prescott starting around 2 and ran out of minnows by 5. The majority of the fish were in 10 to 15 ft and I did the lindy thing also. The only legal fish came on cranks but sure nothing to write home about. Heading down again next Saturday, hopefully with the Minnesota opener there'll be less boats. Wishfull thinking on my part?

Three of us fished above the dam Sat. and kept 2 walleyes, 22" and 16". Threw back lots of smaller ones along with a catfish and small northerns.

------------------
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Boated 9 Walleyes, 2 of 'em keepers just North of the 94 Bridge.

Also got a 6 Lb. Carp, man, what a fight they are...!

Good luck to you all.

was out today <SUNDAY>
in the morning for 3 hours and got 14 walleyes it was quite windy and hard to control the boat
two were nice keepers the rest were 14 inchers but still a lot of fun and great to start getting ready for the real opener this weekend on mille lacs

we cranked north of stillwater and only got 5 but 4 were keepers, also hit alot of smallies and white bass. fun nice day!

Went out sat. out of willaim o'brian park
caught 8 walleyes no keepers. Went out sunday
by 94 bridge caught 6 walleyes, 4 keepers an 18",16",15.5"& 15" sauger. All by trolling cranks.

Did pretty good Sunday morning. Went down to Prescott instead of Stillwater area, because I know the park at Prescott can be very good from shore at times. I didn't have a chance to go get the boat which was up in St. Micheal. That's what happens when you share a boat and don't communicate together. But did manage to come home with 4 walleyes. They seemed to hit every you threw at them. But the bigger fish were caught while casting either a crappies minnow on a hook dragged on the bottom. I also caught better size fish on a green or red 3/8oz jighead with a 1" curltail green with sparkles. Did anyone esle notice that most of the fish ran between 13"-14.75"?

Good luck everybody

My report will sound like many others I'd imagine. We fished below TF dam Saturday morning with success in numbers, but only one keeper wally and several 13-14" 'eyes & saugers.

Later that afternoon we put in above the dam and had minimal success. Just a few smallies and pike. 'Twas pretty tough regarding boat control with the wind howling up from the south. That stretch of river really seems to be a wind tunnel when it's coming from downriver. Kinda messes up the drifts.

Sunday morning was OK fishing north of Stillwater. Caught one 17" sauger, several dinky pike, and a few drum in 7-12' of water. 3/8 oz jig & minnow was the standard the whole weekend.

Overall, it was a good weekend. We'll try it again in a few days.

Southerner

Me too - Lots of eyes but most under 15"
05/03/03 St. Croix River walleye opener went off with excellent weather and very good numbers of walleye caught. The majority of the walleye hit aggressively, but were on the small side and finding good numbers of legal walleye or large walleye was difficult for many, and very few limits were reported. Many techniques worked as trolled crankbaits, drifted jigs, and drifted Lindy rigs all produced fish. Walleye where mainly caught in 14-17 feet depth. Water levels are only two feet higher than normal summer pool levels. Water temperature was in the 56 degree range. A lone angler reported returning a large female walleye with eggs to the water, but the vast majority reported walleye and saugers with out milt or eggs.

Turk