Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mistermom

Hey Bodyman!

3 posts in this topic

I'm thinking I am gonna go to Afton state park again this saturday afternoon (around 3-4). Any chance you gonna be out there? Thanks!

mm

mm, I would like to fish that spot again, but I moved back to my home town last summer. It would be nice if someone else could make use of it. It's a great spot to get away from the crowds and room to roam, and fish that's always a +.

I always fished the rim of the deep water, under 30' and 200 yards north of the point. You can see the point on the map and I never fished that, but always thought that would be the best area. The ice get's thinner as you get to the point, more current there. I wouldn't think this year with as much ice we have there'd be any problem with ice. I'm fishing on 18" of ice on the mississippi right now with current.

Sinker has been thinking about giving it a try, maybe you could team up with him. Definitly easier with two with the walk involved. The walleye I caught there were suspended between 12'-15'. Saw them on the vex when I was fishing 28' and reeled up to them. Good Luck.

Fishing is Life.

[This message has been edited by Bodyman (edited 02-13-2003).]

I think I got a handle on the depths out there. The point is just north (or upstream) of Trout Brook right? I was fishing North (or upstream) of the point maybe 50 yards or so. I was in 14' of water but I had to have been really close to the drop because I was maybe 200 yards or so from Wisc. side.

Just upstream from where I was there was an ice heave that went all the way across the river. And towards the Wisc. side I guess there was open water back in early January near this ice heave. That must have been the deeper water. Interesting area. I really would like to check it out. I only saw 2 snowmobilers when I was out there and they were hugging the Wisc shoreline. Thanks for the info sir.

mm