Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RiverPro Boats

5 posts in this topic

These look like great boats - anyone know how they perform on open water, like a lake?

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Robert these boats are strictly river boats, they don't do well in waves. But what they are is an awesome river boat, drawing just a few inches of water, less when you get used to them. They go anywhere quickly. The Minnesota D.N.R. has a few now and the in-fisherman staff has one also, along with Dave Genz etc. Theres a deep model and bass type model. Perhaps the ultimate shallow water boats.

ya i saw one on the mississippi (st cloud) and it was sweet. i was wondering the same thing though, it sure looked like it would do ok in a lake. what makes it strictly a river boat. the motor? because the design looked like it would do ok in moderate waves. thanx for some info. also what do you think these babies cost?

They start at about $16k (too much until I get a promotion) and are available in 3 different hull pitches, 6, 8 & 12 degree. The steeper the pitch, the better it can handle waves, but the deeper it sits at rest. When the rep explained it to me, it seemed that 1" of draft per 1 degree of pitch was about the estimation, with loading variables, of course. He said they'd have to go pretty slowly to handle 2'-3' chop, even with the 12 degree. Sounds like its definately not a big water boat, but the best river boat you can get.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

These rigs go for apx. 18,000.00; but occasionally Kevin will have a newer used model for sale. Again these are strictly river boats.