Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cyberfish

anyone going out saturday?

11 posts in this topic

anyone? Gem eye? hey, they were bitin' last week, we were just in the wrong spots, eh? we need some warm weather, or the harbor may freeze! or is it already froze? frown.gif

Cyber,

I'm heading out of the Bluffs on Sunday. Do you know if the dock stays in all winter?

I spoke with the Washington Cty Park service last week regarding the docks. They stay in year round but the landing/parking area may close due to ice and/or snow on the hill and the landing. Also fished for a few hours. Plenty of bites and smaller fish (13-15") in front of the Park and WI side at the first point north of ST. Croix Bluff. I fished where I marked fish, especially if bait fish showed up on the depth finder, and would almost get instant action. Lindy rig w/ shiner or fathead and plain hook worked as dig jig and minnow. I head a couple chartruese beads on the lindy rig. Worked 15-30' 26 feet seemed to be the most productive. Also caught several white bass.

I have never used the bluffs access in the winter, but I have heard that the lagoon freezes up tight in december frown.gif

Cyb

I'm sure it does. Wouldn't be surprised after the last few nights if there is ice on it now. Last time I was there portions of the lagoon had already iced over.

As long as you have an aluminum, just go BUSTING!!!! After an inch, you have to have a guy stand in front and see-saw the boat to chop it up. Area with current near them can be good though right now, and they difinately wont be iced over yet. Check the area in front of the swing bridge by Hudson.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

Got aluminum will bust!

I had to break through 3 inches of ice at St. Croix Bluffs on Sunday. I really did not think it was that thick but I proceeded to break my trailer lights and snap of my transducer. I did make it easy for any other boats to make their way through the launc area to the river. Without my fishfinder it was pretty tough to locate any fish! Oh well live and learn, guess it's time to put the boat away.

Yeah, there was a window of oppurtunity there when the ice was under and 1", but now , sadly I must pack up the machine. ...........maybe just one more trip down to the Miss. I KNOW that is open still.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

Aw come on! with the warmer weather here all that ice is gonna melt away by saturday. But i am going up to Millelacs for some full moon walleye action friday nite, so I will be too tired sat. but i bet it will be open next saturday too, unless it gets cold again. If I have to I will bring a chisle, AND DO SOME BUSTIN! wink.gif

Well, I haven't actually done the winterizing proccess as of yet, soI guess I could wait a couple more days and see what happens to the ice. Wishful thinking I think, but I will wait it out none the less. The walleyes are definately still packing it on.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\