Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike W

Apple river

3 posts in this topic

Just got back from the river. What a great night on the river. We caught about a dozen eyes. 4 legals. These where the first legal fish I have caugt down by the mouth of the apple river. This was my third trip down there. There is alot of water down here compaired to up by fronconia where i usually go. Its going to take some time to learn this new water. I like the depth of the river comparied to the northern part and the submerged weeds are not very present up there either.
I have been a regular on the river for the last 4 years and still cant get anough off it.
Good luck fishing

Sounds like a good day. What was the presentaion of choice for them up there? I like that area up there too. Haven't had too good of luck lately but could never stay away for long because I know what the St. is capable of.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

I think they would of hit on anyhting you put in the water. We caught them on a jig with crawlers, trolled. Not my normal way to fish jigs but the boy insisted on dragging it around. Draged some crawler harness around also. Gold spinners. I pulled a red and white walleye diver. My neighbor was pulling some other kind of crank bait. They hit on everything. The cranks caught most the fish but more smaller fish. It was a short trip so i didnt really try to see if they where hitting on one thing better than the other. As the fall moves in the eyes up here seem to bite on what ever you put in front of them.
I am hoping to camp down by the apple some where Sat. night and spend some more time searching the area for fish. Three trips down there and have only found fish in one spot. It sounds like Sun. morning should be a good time to do this.
Anyone been out north of Osceola in the last week. The eyes should be picking up up there soon. Hot tip. There should be some nice eyes hanging off the south point of the park in Osceola. Near the dock. The best eyes need to be fished from a boat there due to the timber under water next to shore.

Good luck fishing