• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opening day walleye hotspots?

tjhunter

I'm a St. Croix river rookie and I'm looking for a few high percentage spots to try on Saturday. Can anyone give me some pointers? I'll be fishing from a few miles north of Stillwater to south of the I94 bridge. I've read a few of the previous posts, but still looking for a few more spots.

Thanks
tjhunter

tjhunter,
Their are many walleye spots the channel between the railroad bridge and the 94 bridge in hudson is good.Where the Kinnikinic comes in below afton on the Wis. side is good and the area around prescott where the river dumps into the Mississippi is also very good.(they have been already catching walleyes and saugers on the mississippi side!)Pay attention to the gravel and sand areas with a shelf with deep water nearby try.If you can find some sand or gravel with little rock piles scattered these are good areas to 5-10 feet morn and evening and 10-20 during the day.Any questions fire away! Have a good opening weekend!!
crappie getter.

Chris's Croix Service [email protected]

CG,

Thanks a lot for the pointers. Do you know of any spots north of the Stillwater bridge?

thanks again
tjhunter

Fishing HotSpots maps of the upper and lower Croix are FULL of good spots. They are well worth the money ~$7 a piece.

Ferny.