Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Crappies

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, I am looking to get my boat out on the river this week/weekend. I would really like to catch a few crappies if I do. I was planning on trying either the spots I hit by Bayport this winter, or I have heard up towards Taylors Falls there are a few hold they hold in for pre-spawn. With this warm week, it may not be long before they spawn. Any one have advice? Interested in going?

------------------
Little Skill, Less Luck, but I Try Hard..

HEY ARE YOU GOING THIS WEEKEND OR WHEN?
IF YOU GO THIS WEEKEND I COULD MAKE IT WITH YOU AND HAVE A GOOD TIME

My goal was to sneak out tomorrow evening, as well as thins weekend, but too many things to do. I hope to spend either an afternoon or morning one day this weekend on the water. It is hard for me to say when I will, I have stuff I must get done this weekend if I am going to get to go Turkey hunting fishing etc later. You may be better off getting out by yourself, I can't commit to a time. Maybe later? Or if you want me to contact you when I know, I can.

dralston@ties.k12.mn.us

------------------
Little Skill, Less Luck, but I Try Hard..

They might be in the marinas, if not keep trying and you might hit a bonanza.

haDR.TRYHARD i wouldn`t waste my time on the river right now .The river is still very high and full of debris and this weekend is suposed to be pretty nasty with possible snow and all.Allso the boomsite lauch is flooded ans so is lowel park in stillwater. if you give it a try i wish you goodluck
basshunter

Here's Ferny's Croix crappie advise:
If you've ever caught a crappie on the river that spot is usually a good spot...or near a good spot year after year. It seems to me that every place I've caught crappies I catch them in the same place the next year.
You sometimes get the incidental crappie when trolling for eyes and saugers...remember that place! I don't ever remember catching a small crappie on the croix? How about everyone else?

Ferny.

ferny know of what he speaks.
I've got one spot picked out that once the water goes down I'll be all over it. Must have pulled 25 out of the the spot I'm thinking. Not rocket science either. yellow twister tail and a jig.