Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Turk

Eyes

Turk

Walleye have started to slowly improve, a big fall bite could happen any day though...

Bill Mitchell and myself took first place at the recent WWA Team Challenge Championship held last 27,28,and 29th on the Croix, we are both very excited and proud to win the event. Day one 5 fish 9.22, Day two 5 fish for 8.5, and Day three 5 fish for 9.0 pounds, - Tough bite and I'll say that the comparison I've always had between the Croix and Pool 4 is what I've believed that a 17"er on the Croix is about a 20.5" inch eye on Pool 4 in terms of what a good average fish that can be expected would be. Our recent MWC pool 4 tourney helped prove that in my head at least. And on the Croix the big fish go very sporadically when on pool 4 a five pounder 6, or 7 is not uncommon on any given outing. http//www.croixsippi.com.

Ed Philpot won the Beanie River Rat tournament with 6 fish at 6.2 pounds, tough bite for many many anglers. This was Ed's second Beanie River Rat win congrats to a great guide!

Keep Catchin'
Turk

Jim W

Good job man!!!
You put the time in so you definitely deserve it!!
Jim W

Rick

Congrats Turk & Bill!!!!!

Way to go. We are very proud of you!!!!!

We also thank you for being an important part of the FishngMinnesota family and providing us with such great information.

let's hear it for Turk.

hey turk,with the state strike are all the parks closed??looking to access the croix via
sunrise area,theres a small access where the sunrise river and st croix meet at a park,any
chance thats its still open or accessable??
any other suggestions for this area for this weekend??

DARK30

WAY TO GO TURK!
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE METHOD OF CATCHING THESE FISH? DO YOU GO AFTER CATS BY ANY CHANCE?
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Turk

Dark30 - aka Mr. Catmandu,

We (Bill Mitchell, Lakeland ,MN - Croix River Rat) came the the conclusion that the eyes were to spread out prior to the tourney to effectively jig them or Lindy rig them. The water temp was still around 64, which was one of our environmental indicators, as well as the marks on some of the prime jigging spots. Basically we trolled crankbaits until the cows came home, we worked 4 lines all the time and stayed away from tangles and line crosses even on sharp turns. Rapalas 5's and 7's did the trick in 22-32 feet.

I love cats but find eyes the main target for customers so I stay on the eyes. I do catfish mainly for myself - channels and mudcats.

Rick

Turk,
has the fall run started yet?

We miss YA man!!!