Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How's fishin been?

3 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on the Croix by Bayport lately? I was out for a while on Saturday afternoon, seemed slow. Anyone been out since?

I was also out saturday morning on the wisconsin side near North Hudson access.I did ok but not great.My daughter and I kept one sauger and a crappie.Caught and released about five big white bass.About 34 feet deep where we were.I had to leave at about 11:00 but I feel if we would have stayed we would have caught more fish because I was flashing more active fish.Crappie minnows and fatheads seemed to work on green jigs.Keep posting updates because I always want to hear how other people are doing.Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Sinker (edited 01-16-2001).]

Sinker,
I was out on the Croix Thurs am fishing for crappies. The two of us caught 9 fish and they were all pretty nice. The action was not fast and furious, but enough action to keep your interest. We were on the WI side in about 36 feet of water south of the main road that they have plowed. We usually go north, but those roads were plenty rutted out to be driving my van on, so we thought we would try new water. Most of the action took place between 8-10am. We were marking fish pretty much throughout the morning, with some fish right on the bottom but also caught some that were 10 feet off. No sauger or walleye though. I'll probably be back this weekend and try the afternoon bite.

good fishing!