Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
RHW

Minor surgery done while fishing

RHW

Mike and I did the finger lakes today with marginal success. I did manage to hook a huge 165 pounder, me.. Blugill came up, took a swipe but let go, the jig propelled upward at a high velocity and smack dab into one of my fingers. Buried the barb all the way in and deep. ****, now what am I going to do with the rest of the day to go with a jig implanted in my hand. I remembered a fishing video I had seen some time back about how to remove a hook from your flesh.
Grabbed a bungy cord hook, drapped it around the embedded shank, pressed down on the hook and told Mike, don't whimp out on me, on the count of three, give the cord hook a fast and good snap. He said, are you sure? I pressed down on the hook, counted to three, Mike snapped the jig cleanly from the finger. Only a couple drops of blood.
If any of you haven't seen this proceedure, best do so, cause you never know.

Boyz in the Woods

A few years ago I was fishing the middle branch of the White Water with a few family memebers and I hooked a big brown trout. It ran me up and down the river a few times before I got it landed. After the excitment was over I looked down and saw I had a big rusty hook stuck in the calf of my leg.
The first thing I thought of was pushing it through then cutting the barb off. One little push changed my mind. That would really hurt!
Then I remembered the loop of line trick. I put a loop of line around the hook at the bend then pressed the eye of the hook hard into my skin. One little tug and the hook came right out. A little antibiotic ointment and a check to see when I had my last tetanus shot and it was all over.

It's an easy trick that works well.

RHW

Yes, I was pleasantly surprized just how fast and painless this proceedure worked.
The line in the loop believe it or not is exactly what hospital ER's use to remove hooks from patients. However, no cute nurses out in the wild.

CornPirateKiller

Gotta keep an eye on Boyz... he's always getting things stuck in him. Back when we were kids he had to have a bullhead spine cut out of his hand after it went through one finger and into another. And don't let him handle an ax, either!! wink.gif

------------------
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)