• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Road King Trailers. Fish House Sale

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Road King Drop Down Trailers
logo1.gif
Call Toll Free: 1-866-407-4568

Our 1st priority is quality, price, and your satisfaction.

We wanted the best you could get for the money and we are now making Road Kings available to you.

We have the following Retractable Wheel Trailers available to order:

ROAD KING RETRACTABLE WHEEL FRAMES

--Size--------Capacity---------Price

6'6" x 12'----3500 GVWR--------$1225
6'6" x 14'----3500 GVWR--------$1299
6'6" x 16'----3500 GVWR--------$1375

(all trailers are at maximum legal width)

To order or for more info

The following features are standard on all Road King Retractable Wheel Frames

3"x3" square tubed drop tongue system (Standard, not a $75-$100 option like the others) - no need to unhook vehicle from fish house while hammering Red Lake slabs, or Devil¹s Lake perch.

Retractable wheel system with leaf suspension and dual direction cranks, "new" tires, rims and spindles rated to carry up to 3,500 pounds.

Now it's possible to load all your gear and an ATV.

Great for summer hauling or a hunting shack too.

Heavy duty steel fenders (Note inside upper half is covered which I haven't seen on others).

Heavy duty winches and cables.

2"x3" rectangular tubed frame with cross braces every 24 inches for long
term structural support (NO weaker angle iron).

Safety chains, 2" coupler and propane rack included.

All frames primed and painted for long lasting durability.

OPTIONS:

Tongue jack installed $ 45.00
Spare 14" tire and rim (rated for 1,760 pounds) $ 75.00

To order call:
Toll Free: 1-866-407-4568

To arrange to see/purchase them close to Owatonna Cabelas call:
1-507-451-2033

Here are pictures:

Drop Down Hitch
fmHitch.jpg

ICE-ROAD KING Retractable Wheel Fish House Trailer

In the raised and lowered positions:
Road-king45-LFU.jpg
Road-king45-LFD.jpg

In the raised and lowered positions:
Road-king45-RRU.jpg
Road-king45-RRU.jpg

ROAD KING Retractable Wheel Fish House Trailer - Lowered
fmtrailerdown.jpg

You can see them at the Medford Cabinet Shop
3 miles North of the Owatonna Cabelas.
1st Exit North Of Cabelas
1st Place on the right as you head east off Interstate I35.

To arrange to see/purchase your Ice Road King close to Owatonna Cabelas in Medford call:
1-507-451-2033

To see/purchase your Ice Road King in Alexandria call or stop by:
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
(320) 763-9598

or

ROAD KING COMFORT FISH HOUSES COMING SOON

ROAD KING is a Trademark.

PS: Custom made trailers to your specs upon request. Please call for quote.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-03-2003).]

• 4 weeks later...

Stop in and take a peak at the trailers:
Alexandria Outfitters
aka NE Oufitters

in Alexandria.

Now is a very good time to make preparations to build your palace on wheels.

Great for Camping and hunting shacks as well as Ice Fishing Houses on retractable wheels.

You can also see them in Medford, MN. right off I35. 1st place on the right as you head into Medford.

Only 3 miles north of the Owatonna Cabelas.

Start planning today so your ready to go when you'd like to get started.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 04-09-2003).]

Rick,
My fishhouse is a 7X12 and the wheels are on the back of the house. This makes the tongue weight terrible. I cannot pull my house with a 4-wheeler at all. It bottoms out the wheeler. Could a guy slip one of these trailers under my home and remove the wheels from the back to balance out the weight some? What do you think?
Thanks,
Flash
"Set the Hook"

Hi Flash,
you would need to have us build a custom trailer for you. You would also need to take out six inches on the side of your house for the wheels to fit in because they are retractable. Otherwise it wouldn't be road legal.

Anything beyond 6'6" in house size width will require a recess for the wheels in the house. Unless you don't need it to be road legal of course for those who store their fish house.

So, in other words, it would be possible to do? Maybe you could e-mail me at [email protected] I was wondering if you could tell me a price range. Of course it would not be binding. Just a rough guess.
Flash

Hi Flash,
you've got mail.

It's good to think ahead.

That's for sure.

• 1 month later...

Loaded question Rick!...Would definately include some cabinet storage...maybe a wall mount for handheld gps (NOT over the hole of course!)...Still looking for ideas to put on the frame here. One thought Kent had that I thought was cool, would be to put the bunks up and forward toward the tongue, like a fifth wheel mobile home...that way the bunk area doesn't interfere with the fishing space...
just a few thoughts...

lets hear some more!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

An insulated bait box that also can be a seat, or used to store things instead of letting them lie around waiting to be kicked into a hole. With a removeable plastic liner to be able to dump out the water. Plastic so more durable than the normal foam.

• 1 month later...

Rick,
I am very interested in purchasing one of your fishhouse trailer frames. I am interested in the 16'frame. I was wondering how I could get a hold of you to ask a few questions and to see if that would be at all possible. I am ready to buy a frame, and have looked at a few of them. I hope to have a frame within a month.

please let me know
Thanks
Fish- N- Hunt
[email protected]

Fish-N-Hunt...you can use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to e-mail Rick directly, or call the 800 number in the post.

good luck,

they are great frames!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Rick
I have a house on wheels I bought as a shell and I am in the process of "outfitting" her. One thing that is a must is storage, overhead or bench. Ever pull a house across a lake with some loose pails full of jiggle sticks? What a mess. Locking type rod holders on the wall worked great for that problem.
Looking for ideas to secure the auger though.
Not really a fan of bunks- take up too much room, but some sort of retractable system may get me to try it.
Cabinet with radio and speakers works great too, make a handy overhead storage space with tunes(classic country) to boot.
Make sure the back has a set of double doors to drive the wheeler into for hauling.
Just a few Ideas for ya, if you have any, let me know. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for contacting me Fish-n-Hunt. When your ready to go, it will only take a couple of weeks to get it to you after you order. Just a reminder, you can use your house for hunting as well.

Thanks for the ideas Poppfish. The 1st Road King fish house will be ready to go next week. This baby is well built by a very meticulous builder. Inside details are all that need to be completed.

It will be available in Medford (3 miles north of Owatonna Cabelas) to see as soon as it's done.

We sold a 6' 6" x 14' last week to a gentleman who has built 10 houses over the years. He told me he checked out all the frames he could find. To get one like the Road King elsewhere would have cost him over $1500.00

Now is the time to start thinking about getting your drop down trailer. You can e-mail me using the Contact us link below or call Jay at Northeast Outfitters in Alex or Frank at Road King Fish Houses in Medford.(Their phone numbers are in the top post).

Jay and Frank also have a Road King Outdoors trailer on display for you to look at. Give them a call. They will also take your order if you'd like.

Don't wait too long to get your order in. It's getting to be prime time to build your own.

Of couse, we will build a Road King Outdoors Fish House/Camper for you if you'd like. Give us a call. smile.gif

Ice Fishing is just around the corner.....did I really mean that grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,
your frame should be ready for you to pick-up this week. Nice floor plan you have as well.

Fish-n-Hunt,
how are your plans going?

curious rick, did you weigh the house yet? Wondering what it came in at.

Sure did,
it came in at a little over 1900 lbs.

The tongue weight is superb and well balanced.

We also road tested her and she travels VERY NICE.

I saw a pretty neat and easy bunk system. it's kind of hard to explain, but here goes.. Heavy canvas material had a continuous loop sewn into each side(similar to a camp cot. Heavy metal pipe was then pushed through both continuous loops. the ends of the pipes rested in 2- 2x4's on each end that were notched to accept the pipes. they were easy to remove, roll-up and put away when not in use. I hope you can visualize this, but I can't think of a better way to describe. The slight sag in the bunk from front to back made the buks look a little safer for accidentally rolling out if a guy had a few too many coctails too!

Here's a map to Road King Outdoors (just 3 miles north of Owatonna Cabelas off I35).

Medford Exit, head east, 1st place on the right (southside of road)

Road-king-medford-map.bmp

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-06-2003).]

Rick-Don't you mean RIGHT side? Or is it just your "other left ". Sorry, but someones got to keep an eye on you. wink.gif-TROY

PS-The pictures look real nice

Road King Outdoors,
I want to commend you on a very nice looking rig! I like very much, what I see so far... and will be stopping out soon to take a closer look.

It looks to set up very fast and to take down... have you got a time down that it takes to "re-locate" with it?

Is the stow area for a propane bottle on the tongue of the trailer? How is it insulated... keep the warmth in well. Looks to be a nice big propane wall heater included. Does the job I bet.

How is it set up for holes? 4 of them... one in each corner?
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 08-09-2003).]

Hi Catch-N,
it takes about 2 minutes to set-down and about 3 minutes to take back up when you're ready to move. I think it can be done faster, especially if you have another person with.

It has 6 holes and will sleep two as it's set-up now, The weight is a little over 1900 lbs. Built very solid. Everything is insulated. The Floor has a 1/2" plywood floor, with 1" insulation and another 1/2" floor over that (very strong) then carpeted. All the walles and ceiling have 1 3/4" insulation. Two vents to allow for venting of course.

The propane rack is on the tongue.

It's very well balanced and moves down the road smoothly.

Getting closer to ice fishing all the time.

Get down and take a look at it.

It's retail value is $6,850.

We're asking $6,500 for it.

FM members only can purchase it for only $6000. You must tell them you are a Fishing Minnesota member. We won't run this type of deal again. 1st come 1st served.

Conditions apply.

I prefer to take my fish house home at night because I have seen what happens to nice fish houses left overnight.

I really like the portable design of this house but : Having destroyed a couple winches cranking a too heavy boat up on a bunk trailer I have to ask ,

When a fully loaded house is frozen to the lake what is the proper way to pack up and go home ?

It appears that you would have to chip the ice from around the frame , (If there is room to do so without hitting the house) and then crank each winch a few turns and move to the next until it is ready to tow.

In years when there is alot of snow it is probably not a problem because you have insulation to shovel around the house but the past few years all I have had for insulation is the ice from the holes I drilled.

Has anyone ever froze one of these houses in good.

I am not being negative it looks like a great design and I want to understand how it works in the elements or how it would have worked the last couple years.

Kl BOWE-I think you have a great starter topic for a new thread " How to be smart on the ice this winter."
I am fairly new to ice fishing but I have found a couple ideas that work well for me. The first is to block up the fish house at least a couple of inches to keep the freeze down problem to a minimum.
The second thing is to install a "Bulldogge jack" on the tongue of the frame. Remember to first "break things loose" from the ice by cranking the jack stand a little bit.
I was warned by an experienced, savvy old timer not to start winding on the winches right away. He told me I was more likely to bend the cranks down towards the ice and pull something apart instead of freeing the shack.
I also know of a couple of guys that now insist their frames have at least six inches of steel sticking out at each corner with a notch to get a pry bar under. It seems they had a real bad experience with having their house freeze in so far that ice was above the floor inside. Doesn't that sound like fun? frown.gif
My belief is that the jackstand works better for most situations though. Just my 02. -TROY

Good questions!

Richard Smith and I stopped by Medford, MN and took a close look at the Road King house.
It is a class act... a real quality house!

We saw several things about it we realy liked and had some thoughts on customizing it a bit to fit our needs. I can see me sittin' jerkin' crapps in that beauty!

Because its base is metal, it will conduct heat differently than a wooden skid/floored house. We saw that the trailer frame would actually contact the ice. Of course, a person would want to have this base set on wood blocks so the metal would not melt its way into the ice. Easy to jack up and add more blocks! However, if frozen in... metal can be heated up. Hot metal will melt loose in a snap, unlike wood! We thought seeing that it was made of hollow tubeing... that a propane torch bottle incerted into any section of the tube base could thaw it fast... and have it loose in a jiffy!
Also some oil, vasoline, or grease will keep the metal base from sticking to the ice, in the first place.

This house is TALL and custom made to accomidate max headroom! Nice for an old kodger who wants to stand up straight inside. It is big enough to accomidate several guys and lots of gear.
I am impressed. Gotta convince "MOM" to go see it.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Any one want to buy a Brand new Frabil three man ?

Just kidding I do like fishing out of it.
But I must admit the whole idea of a hard wall fish house as portable as these houses are is a great idea.

There is another LONG thread on the Equipment Expert Information forum that has some excellent ideas for building you own house on a trailer such as this .

By the sounds of it readers are already looking forward to the ice fishing season .
My boys really like to Ice fish , fry up some hotdogs toss the football and listen to the Packers lose what could be better !

with the frames made of tubing like these house they seem to pop out of the ice very easy. if you were to block up the house, its a lot harder to get the blocks out. i have had water all the way up to the floor in my house and we poped it lose with a bar at each corner. the dnr might not like the idea of grease or oil. but if a person moves often you shouldnt worry about freezeing down.

Hawkeye43, thats what I was thinking. Chances are that I would not leave the house on a lake for any long period. I would likey use it as a "portable", moving with it as I would my Otter.
The ease and fast take down are there.... why not?
What do you guys think about gas lights vrs. 12 volt lights? Gotta have gas for heat anyway.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

the other thing if you take it with you, nobody can screw with it. does anybody leave their boat in the water? i am going to start taking mine at least to the shore by my house. i have one gas light and 3 12v lights. also have small strip lights along the cabints that put out very little light at night, works just fine.

[This message has been edited by hawkeye43 (edited 08-14-2003).]

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, but...
The unit above is no longer available.

Too bad you missed out. It was a steal.

I have to warn you to beware of some common ways to cut costs that cost you money.

Stay away from fiberglass insulation with house wrap around the sides of the house. The fiberglass will hold moisture and will accelerate wall deterioration as the moisture rises and cannot escape the house wrap.

Beware of those who say they have treated floors or green treated floors. They only last for 3-6 years in a wet fish house environment.

Make sure they are "Pressure Treated" or wood that is treated all the way through for your floors. Ask then how long the floors will last in a wet ice house environment. You would like 20 years out of it. You will hear treated floors often and it sounds close but it makes a big difference. Pressure treated floors can last 20 plus years in a normal fish house environment.

Stay away from vinyl siding. We know it looks nice and it's cheap. Unlike your home a fish house flexes while moving and in cold temps the vinyl will eventually crack. It's cheap stuff and you just don't want it on your fish house.

You don't want to constantly stick money into repairs of your fish house. Your resale value on houses with the cheap feature pitfalls outlined above can really hit your wallet hard.

Here Are Trailer Features To Avoid
Avoid angle iron on your trailers, all steel tubing is much stronger and flexes less. Less flex means a longer lasting house. It also carries more weight and tracks smoother and easier down the road.

Say no to 2200 Lb GVWR rated trailers. Make sure you get at least a 3500 Lb GVWR Trailer Rating from those who sell you a fish house. Don't settle for all those other tricky ratings on axle capacity. You want a well built trailer for years of enjoyment. Besides 2200 lbs really doesn't cut it for the long haul or for ease of pulling on the ice/snow or tracking down the road nicely.

The 2200 lb GVWR rating just doesn't cut it, especially considering a base fish house and trailer alone will weigh close to the rated capacity. Why not get a better trailer rated at 3500 lbs GVWR with ALL steel tube frame for the same or less money.

Don't pay for options on your trailer when you can get it standard at about the same cost as the cheap trailers before the options are added. Really save your money and have the best quality at the same time. It's a "No Brainer".

Why take a chance on a cheap fish house and trailer when you can get a quality fish house and trailer at close to the same price or, more often than not, less money???

When you make the smart move and go with a Road King, at resale time, you can be whistling all the way to the bank.

If you want a drop down trailer or Fish House, the place to go for quality and price is Road King Outdoors.

Ask for Matt, tell him what you're looking for and he'll treat you right.
Get yourself into a Road King this season and go with quality for about the same price or less then the cheap units.

He loves to talk fish houses and will be ready to help you build your own, if you'd like, as well.

RoadKingOutdoors.com - Click here for more information.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a special going on a Road King Fish House right now.

You can save $400.

Go to http://RoadKingOutdoors.com

and you can check it out.

This one has a couple of nice beds in it that the other one didn't.