• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Two Harbors lake trout fishing

I just returned from an 11 day venture to the cabin and Lake Superior for some laker fishing. Got a couiple king salmon in with the lakers as well. A good friend, Gary Ryba, came along for the first three days and we fished from his boat. He took a beautiful king of about five/six pounds and also got a couple lakers about the same weight...one while jigging in 125 feet of water, the other behind a bomb in ninety feet. I took six from the boat behind bombs, most in the four to six pound range with one piggie topping out at who knows where...we though 10, 12, maybe fifteen. No grouse this year and the bear were hiding after that season opened, but we had moose everywhere and lots of deer (should have taken the bow!). Any how...had a good time, caughtlots of fish and saw plenty of wildlife....still good to be back home. Now....time to force feed some crapigators some of that wonderful plastic product!

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Oh sure I have to work while you take my boss out fishing. How does that work? Any way I heard all about it when he got back. Sound like a fun time. Now you can keep us infoemed of the sauger and walleyes on pool 5.
Jigger aka Aaron

Hey Aaron, Ya he did good out there in the "heavy water"...much better than that white knuckled Ryan B. As a matter of fact, Gary and I found out that Ryan is better off not being around water, unless you are shopping for some humor. Ask Ryan if he has been entertaining the shorefishermen lately with his seal act. Your boss did a really nice salmon...king...the last day he was there plus another good laker as well. He enjoys it up there, as do I. And the saugs will be on the menu here shortly, just get the water temp down another 5-10 degrees- then hold on!

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Tom,
Thanks for the heads up on Ryan. I have been triing to get that guy out in the new rig, but he has spent alot of time up north. I will have to ask him about 2 harbors. Idid not know that he went with.
Jigger