• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi

In another thread (Oxbow Park & the Zumbro
River) the subject of Lake Zumbro was brought up.

In that same thread, Daytripper wrote:

We tried Ryans bay and then the one shoreline
leading into that real shallow bay area.

End of Quote*

So this brings me to my question. Having fished Zumbro all of two times, I am aware
of the launch ramp by the dam & Ponderosa
resort, the ramp by Fishermans Inn and the
bridge.

But as to naming of the bays or arms or a
given strech of water - I have no idea. Can
someone provide these details with regard to
these types of landmarks?

Thanks

UG

Hi Uncle Grump, I would suggest stopping by one of the local bait shops and ask for one of the plastic "Lake Maps" of Lake Zumbro. I believe I found mine at Wild Goose Sports on Broadway in Rochester. As I recall, Ryan's Bay is tucked in on the eastern shore line about midway between Fisherman's Inn and the Ponderosa Campground. I'm not the best resourse as I have only fished this area a couple of times myself, but I do know that the lake map was very helpful.

------------------
Fish On!
Big Lew

If you get the Zumbro map (very old I think but free) from the MN DNR website, it also mentions Ryans Bay and the shallow area I think I mentioned in my others posts the map calls "Dry Run".