Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone been ice fishing recently at Country Club Manor ponds? I was just curious how much ice there is and how the bite has been. I drove by there today & saw some portable shacks where everyone usually fishes. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Thought I would post a report since nobody else is reporting much. Fished Country Club Manor pond on 01-19-02 from 3:30 - 7:30 PM. Very slow fishing. Only caught 4 gills & 1 small crappie despite moving 4 times & using spikes, waxworms, & minnows. Talked to a young guy who had caught some nice crappies the day before. Didn't see many fish even on the Vexilar. There was a good 6-7" of ice though. Hopefully will have better luck next time. Is anyone else ice fishing locally around here?

J.A.Say.Tree

Early on (only a couple weeks ago!) the fishing was quite good on the "second pit." Nice 'gils could be had with some weeding. Crappies were tiny. The bite seemed to be better during the day and tapered off into evening.

I'm hearing the same thing as your luck recently... slow.

But these warm temps forcasted for this week could change that. I'll be giving 'er a try.

JA!

Sarge

Thanks for the report Icenut!!!

Good to hear from you guys. I am always happy to post. Hey J.A. I knew there was more than 1 pond or pit but where exactly is the "second pit" you are referring to in your post? How large is the "second pit" compared to the other pits. I am relatively new to the Rochester area & really enjoy ice fishing.