Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

BRING YOUR 44MAG BASS FISHING

Sarge

Kttc channel 10 reported friday and monday that 3 african lions were spotted 7 miles north of Spring Valley. DNR went looking for them and didn't find them.

This probably would be in the Deer Creek or bear creek valley. So if your out bassin keep your eyes wide open. smile.gif

Jim W

Only 3? AFRICAN LIONS, WOW! COOL!

LIONS, SMALLIES AND TROUT OH MY!!!!!!!

JIm W

Eds

Lets go find them, get some pictures and stuff, would look good on the website and then trap them or something

Creek Kid

Has anyone heard if they were found yet or not? I haven't heard anything at all. Kind of curious about it.

Sarge

Ya know it's kinda funny how quiet they kept the situation. The only other thing I heard about this was from my neighbor down the road.
She siad that they were caught near the sumner center by the DNR with help from the people at BearCatHollow. She did not know if they were taken dead or alive. If dead I can see why it was kept quiet. They supposedly came from a private farm near LimeSprings Iowa.
So once again the woods and streams are safe for all.

Sarge

ALERT***WARNING***ALERT***WARNING

Heard on the police scanner today that a bear was lose and is trying to break into a house near Racine.

Whats next? smile.gif

SEwalleye

I guess I better call Mom and Dad and see if they have any bear tracks in the front yard!

Jim W

Sarge,
Maybe now we know what happened to all of your dogs?????

Jim W

Sarge

SEwalleye, are you from the Racine area?

The bear has been captured. It turned out to be a cub that escaped from "bearcat hollow" a little "zoo?" in Racine. It did do over a 1000$ in damage to the house it was trying to get in to.

james_walleye

Thats way too close to where i bowhunt. I dont know if i could have walked into the woods all those dark mornings if i had known that.

SEwalleye

I grew up in town. I am now attending college at UW-La Crosse. However, I'll be home in a week. A week of staying up late and craming lots of info in the old "rock shelter"!!!

Creek Kid

I saw that story about the cub on channel 10. FYI: There's bears farther east too. Friends of mine have seen them while fishing and just out doing chores. Have heard several rumors that the DNR released 11 males in different locations around the area. There was video tape on channel 19 of one in a La Crescent backyard this summer. Word is, the DNR will release females this coming year. Anyone else heard these stories?