Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Preston/Lanesboro Report

With the help of a couple posters I fished Lanesboro and Preston areas two days this week. Saw a few small trout. Caught nothing. Fished nymph's, small streamers, hoppers,EHC and BWO's. Fished near in Forrestville Park and below Carmody (?) bridge. Some nice water in the area. I'm glad I visited and appreciate the help of those who replied to my notes. I responded to one poster who said he was a guide, but received no reply. So there I was in the wilderness all by myself!!!

I am the one who was the guide, and I can say that I have checked my e-mail several times daily and didn't get your message. My e-mail is davecoly@venturecs.net (for ou and other posters who want to drop me a line) Sorry.

I did get out fishing on Thursday some very clear gin like waters. There were several hatches going on at once where I fished: psuedocloens, ephorn leukons, and other things that I don't see often including aquatic moths. The largest fish I caught was 13 inches and my buddy caught some nice fish as well on a variety of patterns. We kept a few for the pan also (not all fly guys have that silver spoon in their ass and release every trout - although I release on about 200-1 considering how many I catch each year).

We fished a stream that has seen some major changes in the past year due to flooding, and now many trees are uprooted and are right in the path of most of the deep runs and good pools. It needs some serious chainsaw work and is just plainly tougher than hell to fly fish. I'm hoping for more high water next spring to jostle that stream around a bit since it used to be a good place to fly fish, and is now a phenomianl place to bait fish. Bring on the high water......Enjoy the fleeting days of the trout season one and all.

Aahhhh, the mystery's of the Internet. I did post a note trying to set up a trip and my system indicated it went out. Obviously it disappeared into the universe.
My thanks again to those who posted helpful comments. I kept them on the visor of my truck.
"silver spoons in their ass???"

Silver spoons is often a reference to fly fishers who have all of the fancy gear, the expensive crap, and walk about with an air of dignity looking down on all others who aren't fly fishers and fool trout by other less sophisticated means. Frankly, I could care less how people angle as long as they protect and preserve the resource and don't treat trout, or any other species like they grow on trees and every time on the water is harvest time.

Drop me a line if you ever want some guided instruction if you get back to the southeast.

jeffleek

Hopper,

Well Put!!