Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Born2Fish

Anyone here ever hear of this lake? It is named after my best friends father(passed away). From what i know it has been a private lake ever since anyone can remember. But from what i know they were supposed to open it to the public. There are a few restrictions(no gasoline motors allowed) but i have heard stories of 10-13lbs largemouths there and numerous numerous walleyes that range from 5-19lbs! Plus catfish,sunnies,crappies,bluegills,CARP,perch,trout, and others i think. This lake is located in Winona. If anyone has heard or even fished this lake let me know about it!

I think the city of Goodview is building a LaCanne park right on "Goodview Lake" this may be what you are thinking of. Goodview is north of Winona.

Good Luck,

Ed

Rochester, MN

Born2Fish

No i know for sure that it is Lake LaCanne. I just talked to Eileen LaCanne last night and asked her myself. And she said that it is around the winona "area". But it is named after her husband that passed away from cancer. The lake was put there in his honor. But it is good to know that they are gonna put up a park with their good name! Thanks anyways!

Jim W

Born to fish,
I just received an e-mail from the DNR. Lake La Canne is indeed also called Lake Goodview. Good ole' gravel pit converted into a fishery. The DnR has comleted a creel survey, but it is yet to make it on the DNR Lake SUrvey section of their website. I was informed it would be soon!

Born2Fish

Wow that is great!!! Do you know if you can find out if it has public access? I know it used to be private but i thought they changed that like 2 or 3 years back? Not sure?

Jim W

The city of goodview is indeed opening it up to the public! Whether it has already happened or still to come, I do not know.

Born2Fish

Thanks once again! I guess i might just have to travel on down to check it out for myself.

Sarge

Born2Fish, I was in the Winona area last friday and asked at the "Bait Shed" if they knew if the lake was open to the public yet, they had no idea, so I had to check it out for myself. They had started making the park and a landing, but for some reason there is some kind of delay. But you can put a boat in at the landing, even though its kinda muddy. Anyways, the lake has lots of potential, I marked alot of big fish on the finder but only caught 2 bass about 2lbs each and 2 eater size crappies, and a couple small sunnys and perch. The pond is incredibly clean with visibility being close to 5 feet. I will try there agian on a cloudy day in the fall. (the kids swiming off one dock were basically laughing at us because we did so poorly, they had some fascinating stories of several large fish that they had caught there.)

Born2Fish

What did they have to say?? I know a friend of mine went down there a couple weekends ago and said that he caught everything from largemouths to cats. But he also said that it was a cloudy day and the water was very clear.

frydaddy

Can anyone provide directions? Are gas motors allowed on the lake? Would you suggest a boat to fish it, or shore fishing?
Thanks.

Sarge

Frydaddy, about the only rule they had posted at the landing was no gas motors, I would reccomend a boat of some sort to cover more area, but on the north end, by the train tracks there was an area where people had been fishing off a point, and left thier bait containers, and it appeared you could fish most of the east side of the lake from shore. The water drops off fast from shore, fifteen feet out your in 20-25 feet of water, so should be able to catch whatevers in there from shore. Its located just north of Winona on HWY 61 on the east side of the road, and the access is right off HWY 61. On the other side of 61 there is a motel called Sundown or something like that, with "Sun" in the name. Good luck, Let us know if you have any success.