• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, the First annual Trout Day has come and gone. I truely appreciate all of the die-hards who made it, fished, hung out and enjoyed the wonderful day at Forestville State Park!
Here are a few of the guys you might recognize(by user name) who came Saturday.( I apologize if I forget anyone). "Big Lew"(first one there), Dark 30, Fishhead, uffdapete(thanks for your help Wes), frydaddy, MnSPortsman, jl and Rick. I know more came but I'm drawing a blank.

The DNR gave a wonderful electro-fishing demonstration and information on the SE MN ecological history and make-up. Wayne Bartz(Midwest Fly fishing) was on hand to share insight on the how-to's of flyfishing. THanks for coming Wayne!

I'd like to thank Gander Mountain, The Bait Box, Gullguide, Turk(Croixsippi), MEl Dickie (the fly rod Mel Made was druled(SP?)over all day long until the drawing), Forestville State Park, Bob Murray From the Lanesboro DNR and SPring Valley Bakery! The Pop, coffee, park passes and Season pass(door prize) were donated by yours truely(A little self promotion)! If I forgot anyone I truely am sorry!!!

Next year, this thing will be put together better! I hope that we can get twice the turn out(at least)especially children.
Once again, I thank everyone who came! Hope to see you all soon!! Keep the rods bendin'!!! Jim W

PS. If your interested in helping next year let me know!

Jim

Thanks again for putting it all together. It was a great day ! Really enjoyed meeting you, Rick and some of the other people who post here. And, even the Trout cooperated a little better in the afternoon, for me anyway.

THANKS JIMW FOR YOUR EFFORTS, IT WAS A GREAT TIME AND GREAT WEATHER (FINALLY). NICE TO MEET YOU GUYS! SORRY I MISSED YOU RICK -- HAD TO FISH. MY BUDDY WON THE FLYROD, OH WELL I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE KEEP CASTING LURES (LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO GET A COUPLE OF THOSE YO-ZURI MINNOWS IN THE BOX!)
THANKS FISHHEAD AND MNSPORTSMAN FOR STOPPING BY THE SMART FIRE, YOUR WELCOME ANYTIME! ALL WE WERE LACKIN WAS THE SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM!
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

I had a great time.As a rookie trout fisherman I didn't catch much but it was a blast.I'll be doing a lot more trout fishing from now on,and Dark will probably get sick of seeing my face all the time.Thanks Jim and Fishing Minnesota for hosting the event and I will definately do it again next year.It was fun to put some faces to names and do some chating without my fingers getting sore.

Thanks, Jim for putting this together and for your donations. It's always good to meet others who share a passion for fishing and learn and share new secrets, spots, presentations, etc.
Should've taken off this morning and been down there again, the way the forecast sounds for the rest of the week.

Outstanding time!!!! grin.gifcool.gif
I had a great time! My oldest son did too. Thanks to Rick, Jim W.,Bob from the MNDNR, Wayne B., & all the sponsors. (& anyone who I forgot to mention here.) smile.gif
Wonderful time & hope to meet with you all again. smile.gif
Sarge,frydaddy,bogsucker,uffdapete,fishhead, DARK30,et al.... wink.gif there were about 25 there, met about half.(I'm better with faces than names, sorry if I forget anyone!)
Wish you all well! I'm not online as much during my busy season(construction). But, I'm around & go to "church" as often as I can.!
I'll probably se you all around the S.E Mn area off & on.Or, at one of the "circuit"events! smile.gif(I Hope to anyway! grin.gif )
See ya out there!!
wink.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

Hey, Thanks Jim for the great day. Unbelievable that you have so much pull with mother nature to give us such a great day. It was great to meet the people on the forum and even talked a little smallie fishing. Even though I didnt win :P , the door prizes where great and would like to congratulate you on the work you did to get the sponsers.
thanks again

Honey hole!

A Fisherperson with a user name like that can help anytime!!!!!! I can't wait to get back on the water with you!!! Take good care of that young fisherman you have at home! Some day he'll be teaching his daddy how to fish!!!!!!! Jim W