Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

smontanye

how flooded is the river and does any one know any good spots.

Jim W

The Zumbro(atleast near Rochester/Oronoco has receded quite a bit. Good spots for......?

smontanye

good spots for any fish that bite and are in season

Jim W

smontanye,

If you have waders, the possibilities are endless, especially for smallmouth. Do a little search and destroy and you won't be let down.
Otherwise, look for areas on the zumbro where smaller feeders merge. Generally, near by will be a decent hole followed/prceded by a nice run.
In Zumbro Falls, a trout stream feeds in just West of town. Good spot for both trout and bass, sauger walleye as well.
Where the Middle and North Branches join
(near thielman(sp?)) there is a very nice hole for multiple species. Below the Lake Zumbro Dam is very good for multi-species as well. ALso, below the Oronoco dam you can catch fish! I hope this helps some. Don't forget the Zumbro that flows through Rochester. Not many people fish it, but there is a lot of fish in it! Keep the rods bendin'!!! Jim W

Born2Fish

Where in rochester on the zumbro can you catch fish? And on that note what kind of fish? I am ver curious to try something out new.

Jim W

born to fish,
Well, where there is water, there will be fish. More specifically, here are a few spots to try on the mighty Zumbro in Rochester.
1. Below the Silver Lake Dam.
2. Silver lake
3. Near the power plant in/around silver creek which flows in directly across from the power plant.
4. Behind Mayo Civic Center
5. Anywhere below the dam by Econo Foods into the golf course.

Between the Silver Lake Dam and the Econo foods Dam you'll find a lot of smallmouth and other varieties of fresh water game fish. However I haven't fished there for years. I grew up a half block from Silver lake. I use to catch crappies, sunfish, bluegills, large and smallmouth bass, carp, suckers etc.
Below the SIlver lake dam you might have the best chance for multiple species.
The Zumbro within Rochester is rarely fished! At least that is, properly. MOst go out with a bobber and worm. Yes you can catch fish this way, but I believe if properly approached, a guy could come away with a lot of fish. Fish that have never seen an artificial presentation. Give it a go and let me know how you did! Keep the rods bendin!!! Jim W

Born2Fish

Thanks tons!!! I am going to have to give it a go this weekend when i get a day off of work! And see just what we can pull outta the water. Thanks again!

Born2Fish - Don't forget to report back and let us know how you did. I know I'm very curious about your results.

------------------
Fish On!
Big Lew

Born2Fish

Havent fished it yet personally but a very good buddy of mine told me he went out and was killin' the smallies and bluegills. I forgot to ask him where he fished but the way it sounds he was by econo and the golf course. I hope to try it next weekend after opener.