• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TROUT FISHING IS DEFINETLY MY "PLAN A" FOR SPRING. TIM AT THE CAMPGROUND(hiddenvalleycampground.com) PUTS ON A CONTEST FOR OPENER. ITS NOT REAL BIG AND TECHNICLE BUT ITS FUN. I'LL BE AT THE ROOT FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKENDS FOR SURE. COULD THIS WORK FOR THE FIRST "GET TOGETHER"?

THE ROOT COULD STILL BE MESSY IN APRIL THIS YEAR,MIGHT BE HIT OR MISS.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

I personally stay clear of opener! Way too many "people"!!! Good luck out there! I can't wait to catch a few browners as well!!!!

YA THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE IN APRIL THESE DAYS. I ALWAYS MAKE THE TRIP ANYWAY THOUGH CAUSE ITS NICE TO GET TOGETHER WITH OLD FRIENDS, HAVE A FEW POPS, SIT AROUND THE "SMART" FIRE, AND LISTEN TO THE OWLS. YOU CAN STILL FOOL A FEW TROUT OPENING WEEKEND BUT I DON'T GET TOO SERIOUS UNTIL SUNDAY NIGHT,MONDAY MORNING ETC.
............MAN,AM I READY!

------------------

Dark30,

As it stands right now, I am planning on having it at Forestville State park end of April early May, pending space availability. If for some reason, things don't work out we will have something for sure before the end of the season!!! I will keep everyone posted.

Right now my mind is on some Manitoba walldogs, leaving tomnorrow for a 5 day trip! Yehaaaa bring on them white-tips!!! My rod will keep bendin'!!! Jim W

DARK30,
I didn't notice before, but you said you go to HiddenValley sometimes. That's only about 7 miles from me. I wouldn't doubt we've fished some of the same waters around there.
See ya out there!
wink.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

YA,THE ONE IN PRESTON IS THE ONE I HAVE BEEN GOING TO FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS. ITS RIGHT ON THE ROOT AND ITS STARTING TO GET REALLY POPULAR. WE COULD HOOK UP SOMETIME AND FOOL SOME TROUT IF YOU WANT. I KEEP THE CAMPER DOWN THERE YEAR ROUND SO THATS ABOUT THE ONLY PLACE I STAY BUT I DO DRIVE AROUND TO DIFFERENT SPOTS.

------------------

LOL Dark30,
Looks like "I got our lines crossed" here.
I was talking about the Hidden Valley campground in Welch,MN. Preston is about 60-70 miles south of me. I've fished that area too, but not since I lived in Oronoco/Pine Island area about 10 years ago. But, Getting together is good regardless!
See ya out there!
wink.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

• 2 weeks later...

In checking on the reservations for Trout day in Forestville State PArk, "Sarge" and I had to wet our lines a bit. We managed 4 or 5 browners. That really got the Spring blood flowing!!!!! Jim W

I'LL MORE THAN LIKELY BE THERE, I CAN'T WAIT TO FOOL A FEW! HOW MUCH SNOW DID YOU FIND AROUND THERE? I'M GONNA TRY TO GET DOWN TO PRESTON EARLY TOO IF WE START TO GET A GOOD MELT GOING. I GOT FLOODED TWICE LAST YEAR WITH THE CAMPER BUT I WAS LUCKY COMPARED TO SOME OTHERS.

------------------