• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey All SE MN fisherman!

My plans with the location for the Spring trout day fell through! I do have some speakers, presenters and a taker for door prizes etc.
What I need from you guys is, a possible place to hold it. Idealy, I would like a shelter and places to camp and fairly easy access to fishing and trails etc.
Let me know what you guys can come up with. I know every one is partial to their favorite waters, but keep in mind this is planned for kids on up, education, fishing and fun!!! So help me out if you can!
I'm in Canada for 5 days, then I'll get back to your responses! Thanks all! Keep them rods bendin'!!! Jim W

Jim, I have some I can think of in the SE corner of Mn. that might meet the needs you are looking for. At least 5-7 should meet the criteria. Give me an email when you return, & I'll type up a list for you to look over.
Hope ya have a great time in Canada!
wink.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MnSportsman (edited 03-07-2001).]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey MNSportsman
Post that list here...please...we'd all like to see it : )

Rick,
I'll try to post them this morning.
I have to get all the stuff together & type it up. It will take me a little while, but I'll put it here. I am not sure how I should
put into written word tho'.Maybe,a List of campgrounds, the waters nearby & the type of fish available, & how far they are from the campgrounds, is what I'll shoot for. I'll give it a try.
As far as some people to give a presentation & to take questions; How about a MnDNR C.O., or fisheries biologist from the area(SEMn.- has some hatcheries,maybe one is availible). Or one of the local award winning taxidermists or fishing rod builders(Wild Goose sports?). Local guides(J. Holst comes to mind) might speak on their experience in the area. Just a few ideas so far. I'm sure there are more, these ones just came to mind.

Well, I'll do my best to tpye something up.
smile.gif

------------------
MnSportsman
;)

Here's a list I came up with, There are more, but these are what I'm posting for now.
(if they don't have a pavillion, I'm sure there are places near them that could be used for meetings & presentations.)

Hay Creek Valley Campground
31673 Hwy 58,
Red wing,Mn.
(651)388-3998
if no answer(651)388-9922
Notes:Located on/near Hay Creek,
Trout stream within walking distance
more close by.
(Miss. 5-6 miles at Red Wing)
(May not have a pavilion there,can't remember..)

Bluff Valley Campgrounds
Bluff Valley Rd,
Zumbro Falls,Mn.
(507)753-2955
Notes: Located on the Zumbro River,
Smallies,Trout, N.Pike, walleye,
& more streams nearby for trout.
(Miss. short distance away at Lake City,Mn.)

Hidden Valley Campground
27173-144thAveWay
Cannonfalls/WelchArea,Mn.
(651)258-4550
Notes: On the Cannon river,
Smallies,Trout,NPike,Walleye,
More trout fishing nearby
(Miss. Short distance away at Red Wing,Mn.)

Bass Camp Resort
Minnesota city,Mn.
(507)689-9415
Notes: On the Ol'Miss,
Most/All species Available
Trout streams nearby

Whitewater State Park/Carley State Park
Info for both at:
Route 1, Box 256, Altura,Mn.
(507) 932-3007
Notes: Trout fishing
Other species closer to
Doerer Pools & Ol'Miss.
(Miss. short distance away at Weaver,Mn.)

Lake Byllesby(Dakota Cnty) Campground
7650-Echo Point Rd.
Cannon Falls, Mn.
(507)263-4447
Notes:located on Lake Byllesby Reservoir
/Cannon River . Smallies/LM bass/Walleye
Panfish/N.Pike. Trout streams nearby
(Miss. located 20 miles away at R.Wing,Mn.)

These that follow do not have a Pavillion, (Unless some pavillions have been built
since I was there last) but there are facilities at or nearby
that could possibly used for meetings/presentations if necessary.

Macs Park Place
RR, Mazeppa, MN 55956
(507) 843-6500
Notes: On the Zumbro River,below
Lake Zumbro Reservior dam.
Most/all species, Trout in river
& in streams nearby

Ponderosa Campground
Mazeppa, MN 55956
(507) 843-3611
Notes: On the Zumbro River,above
Lake Zumbro Reservior dam.
Most/all species, Trout in river
& in streams nearby

I listed the above list, because they are fairly near, or on some of the other species favored waters.
There are some more spots to West going N.W. to North of Rochester,On the Zumbro River (Byron/Mantorville/Genoa/Oronoco) that offer fine Smallie & Trout opportunities.
And I will list these also if necessary,or desired.

(I leave the ones Further South &, S.E. from Rochester by Spring Valley/Preston/Lanesboro/Rushford/etc. for Jim W. to list... Kinda tired from the typing!) wink.gif

There are more, but this is a start, I hope!

If I missed one of your favorites, or a another spot you like to see here. Sorry! wink.gif
Post it for Jim & Rick to look over too.
wink.gif

------------------
MnSportsman
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MnSportsman (edited 03-09-2001).]

Hello all!
I do have a spot at Forestville State Park. It is not what I first intended, but I believe it will suffice.
As of right now, plan on coming down on the 28th of April for, fishing, information, fun and good ole comradry! It will start fairly early in the morning and run as long as needed!
There will be some door prizes for those who attend!
Please feel free to bring your children or the neigbors kids for that matter! Pray for SUNSHINE!
I will get back with directions and the finer details!
I would like to thank "Sarge" for helping in getting things set-up!
Spread the word!! TROUT DAY At Forestville State Park on the wonderful South Branch of the Root River! PS. You might be able to talk me into taking you some other spots as well! Keep them rods bendin'!!! Jim W