• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello again it is me the born to fish man! After going through all these posts and reading what everyone had to say. I am begining to think that there are more of us here in southern minn that i knew of! I think that we(all of us here in the rochester area) should get together here soon and go out and get a group fishing thing going. No need to a tourny maybe some friendly wagers on 1st fish, big fish, and most caught in the day!! I don't know. But i think that if we all came together for a day of fishing we could all talk about fishing tips and the like in person. We could share useful tips out on the ice to help the others catch fish. I don't know if any of you are interested in doing something like this, but i think that something like this would be great for all us. And heck bring along a partner that does not fish. What valuable information could they get from all us helping them out? I think this would be a great idea. There are plenty of lakes to fish for all of us. All we need to do is pick a lake. Or pick a spot to meet. Go to a lake and drill some holes. It is litterally that easy! Everyone should let me know what you all think about this! I do hear that warm weather is on its way too!!!! Post some replys and let me know if we all should do something like this. Thanks for you time in reading this! Great fishing!

I'd be interested. I'm north of ya about 40-45 miles, but I'd be happy ta go!
Keep me informed. grin.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

Sounds excellent! See if you can not round more people up! I am trying my hardest to try and get something together. You should let me know some times also when everyone is available so we can plan around that. Thanks once again!

I WOULD SURE TRY TO MAKE IT! I'LL PICK UP THE EYE BALLS FOR BAIT! SAY! DID YOU GUYS NOTICE FISHING MINNESOTA HAS A BOOTH AT THE WALLEYE EXPO IN SHAKOPEE THIS NEXT WEEKEND? (SHOULD HELP THE FEVER). THE WIFE IS OUTA TOWN BUT ME AND THE LITTLE GUY ARE GONNA TRY TO MAKE IT. MIGHT RUN INTO SOME FORUM GUYS THERE. HOPEFULLY RICK IS AROUND TO KEEP EVERYBODY COOL!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Im pretty sure i would be there. Just name the place and time. Just gotta make sure the job wont interfere.

Hey boys,

Are we talking near Rochester? Stream or lake fishing? Are we thinking ice-fishing or wait until Spring? One day or a camping deal with a an evening and morning fish? Jim W

At some point in time..say April/early May it would be fun to get together on the river for some hot walleye/sauger fishing.

I'm thinkin', lets keep the first gathering simple. A get to know ya' morning or afternoon for a few hours if panfishing on one of the ponds around Rochester ...

Well it is good to see that there are more than a few of us interested in this. Whenever you all think that we should go(spring/now/or summer) it does not matter. I would not mind to hit the early walleye bite this spring. I dont know i think that a camp outting sounded like a good idea. Maybe we should try and work something out for the early bite?

HEYO!

ITS ALWAYS TOUGH TO GET ANYBODY TOGETHER THESE DAYS (I HATE CALENDARS) BUT IF SOMETHING COULD BE PLANNED EVERY SO-OFTEN WE'LL ALL MEET UP SOMETIME.

I THINK "THE FIRST ANUAL FISH MN.TROUT DERBY" SOUNDS CATCHY! THE WEEK END AFTER REGULAR OPENER WOULD WORK BETTER FOR ME. I STAY AT HIDDEN VALLEY CAMPGROUND IN PRESTON BUT I DRIVE ALL OVER.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

• 4 weeks later...

I went back & am trying to bring it to the top again... smile.gif
Is there still a group that wants to try this? I'm still game!
The Summer fishing League that's being formed,

http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum30/HTML/000448.html

is a good idea for some who can do the traveling in the Spring/Summer/Fall, but I can't. My business(Construction),is going full blast during those months & I can't always get away when I want. But, I can go to something a little closer for sure. Let's try
& set up some time in the near future for this get-together.

Any one with an idea for a time/date?
smile.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)