Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Madison

reports?

Doc Madison

Heading up this weekend for 4 days. Any recent reports on the walleye/SM bite? Colors/bait/depth/presentation. We're staying in the Ash River area.

toolgarage

Don't matter where we put in, the entire lake's at our mercy. No rental boats this year baby! Take no prisioners!!! Have beer will travel!

Kab Dreamin

Just got back from four days on Kab. Arrived Wednesday in the middle of Hurricane Ivan. 4-5'waves and sheets of rain. A couple of gusts must have been 50+ mph. Thursday was a blank. Fished Little Richie, Lost Bay, Pin Cherry, Cemetary, and the Martins but no fish. Friday we fished the mouth of Ash River, Blind Ash Bay, Sullivan Bay, Tar Point, Twin Alligators, Mica Bay and ended up with three walleyes, only two in the slot. Saturday we fished Sullivan Bay and caught 30-35 walleyes, with a dozen in the slot, most too small. Nightcrawlers and leeches were the baits of choice. Minnows were ineffective but I think we saw why. There were clouds of perch minnows all over at just about every place we fished. The fish we caught puked up perch minnows in the livewell. I think that the non-minnow baits were just easier for them to pick out of the crowd. Sunday AM was pretty slow with only 2 or 3 small eyes. Anybody else do any good this weekend?

lakertaker

We fished Kab and Namakan Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday a.m. Fished mainly Kab Narrows and a few spots on Namakan. Vertically jigged in 28-37', 37' seemed
to be the depth for the more aggressive fish and slot fish. Shiners were by far the preferred minnow over Fatheads and Rainbows,colors were Yellow Gold, Blue and Orange with Chartruese. I have never seen the amount of baitfish on the graph and the surface in 14 years of fishing Kab that we did this weekend. We boated 39 fish total, 11 slot, 3 over and the rest too small. Weather was beautiful but both lakes looked like the St. Croix River with all the boat traffic.

Jaypo

Just got back after cutting our trip short by a day. Abysmal fishing for us! We boated 1 walleye over the slot and 1 smallmouth. We marked fish everywhere with a ton of bait fish. Didn't matter. We made the mistake of trolling cranks and lindy rigs most of the time and the people who had the most luck were jigging vertically.

All in all.... OK weekend tempered mainly by beautiful scenery, weather, comraderie, and beer.

Doc Madison

Kab Dreamin - where in Sullivan Bay were you fishing and what depth? We saw a few boats in there but flew past them out of the Ash River.

let it snow

Hey Kab Dreamin'....

Your professional fishing talents paid off! No wonder we didn't see you again! Noticed you didn't drop off any fish either....let me know when we can follow the "guide" boat next year!

Fished all over Kab Thursday w/ only minnows - zero to show for the effort. Will try the alternate bait next time! It rained all day today and wind outta the south. What's a walleye to do?

Have a good one...

Let It Snow

let it snow

Hey Kab Dreamin'....

Your professional fishing talents paid off! No wonder we didn't see you again! Noticed you didn't drop off any fish either....let me know when we can follow the "guide" boat next year!

Fished all over Kab Thursday w/ only minnows - zero to show for the effort. Will try the alternate bait next time! It rained all day today and wind outta the south. What's a walleye to do?

Have a good one...

Let It Snow

Kab Dreamin

Doc,

We were the blue & gray Alumacraft Trophy 190 and the red & tan Lund 1750 tyee fishing along the left side of the channel just as you entered Sullivan Bay from the narrows section. There was a depression about 150 yds long that was 14-15' deep surrounded by 10-11' water that seemed to be holding them. Most of them were caught on crawlers and leeches.

Kab Dreamin

Let it Snow,

Where you down in front of Ek Bay on Thursday afternoon? It looked like your boat. We were over on the rock marker across from there. Never boated a fish on Thursday. Caught enough for one meal on Saturday and brought a couple home. We were going to do shore lunch down in Namakan on Friday but ended up at Kettle Falls for a couple of beers and a burger. So much for the guiding talent.

Kab Dreamin

Jaypo,

We caught most of ours on Lindy rigs. Cranks were a blank. We were in too shallow of water for decent vertical jigging.

lundrunner

Hey Walleye,

Why don't you include some of your "hotspots" and techniques with your post. Kab is big lake. We all appreciate hearing how great you are doing, but could sure use some additional info....

WallEYES

Lundrunner
I don't know where we went, about 5 minutes out of sullivan bay towards Namikan and found a scholl of them in 10 feet above 26 feet casting beetle spins tipped with a minnow and stayed on the school.

Rick

Thanks for the info wallEYES,
I'm hoping to get into a few of those myself smile.gif

WallEYES

Man you guys are missing out on some of the biggest slab crappie action right now, instead of chasing those eyes. I was up opening of bear hunting and went out for a hour with one of the local guys and caught a limit of big specs averaging 14 inches and the biggest one caught was just under 17. The crappie fishing is only going to get better as the temps fall.

let it snow

Kab Dreamin,

Yepper, we were there about then. Fished there and 8 Lb. Bay (just south of Ek), Long Slew (Mom's fave) and Lost Lawn Chair (3 bays up from Ek) then behind Wolf, Blind Ash, Rutter, Green, Nebraska then threw the rods in the bottom of the boat and headed west! Haven't been back since! Misty and very overcast today, about 58 degrees and south wind at 10....should be a nice walleye chop but I refuse to be suckered in!

Bought some Alaskan Pollack the other day - darn tasty!

Kab Dreamin

That's the spirit! I think if you ignore them for awhile, they'll start to bite.

Got some nice ones on Mille Lacs Saturday night. Heading back Wednesday night with a group of friends to see how much damage we can inflict (all within our legal limits, of course).

------------------
Kab Dreamin

"Lost Bay is the place to be"

let it snow

Kab Dreamin'.

Yep, We'll let 'em lie there for a bit....hmmm...good idea. Hear the eyes and notherns are biting good outta Norway Point on Pelican. Full limits. What are we doing wrong???

Big, bad front coming thru the next few days. Checked the boat tie-downs..looks like fishin's on hold....

[This message has been edited by let it snow (edited 09-30-2004).]