Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tandbabs

Big Pike ?????

tandbabs

Coming up Aug 1 for a week. Staying at Sandy Point Lodge on the west end of Kab. Wondering how the pike fishing has been? And any other info like location, lures, colors,depths. Thanks for any help. Good fishing to all.

WoodlandSavage

The pike fishing was good Last month. Biggest were 13.6 and 10.3 lbs.

------------------
The Woodland Savage

"Grrr baby, very grrr!"

Versus

Was up at Kab over the 24th and 25th. We fished lots of weed beds searching for what seems to be the illusive pike. We were in the northwest end all around tom cod bay, south into peterson bay, and everything in the south central part of the lake. We tried casting weed beds with jerk baits, the creek channels in between weed beds with cranks, jerks, spoons, bucktails. Also spent quite a bit of time trolling all of the areas near deeper water around these weed beds. The only thing we ended up with through these areas was one mid twenty inch pike.

We picked up more pike on the edges of the reefs than anywhere else. I know that the fish are in the areas, we just couldn't seem to get them to bite. The weather was outstanding for us though so I'm not complaining one bit. Coming off the lake saturday night we also got to see a spectacular display of northern lights.

Last year the only big pike that was caught in a week trip came out of the eastern part of Irwin bay in 10-13 ft. of water. The big guy went 42" and over 17lbs.

Good Luck, tell us how it went.

Versus

tandbabs

Thanks for the info. Maybe things will pick up next week for us. I know it won't be for the lack of trying.