Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Elephant here we come.Weather gods be NICE

Heading up to Melgeorges on Elephant lake for our annual family vacation July 24-31. Weather is the only thing slightly ahead of fishing for importance. Keep the women and girls under sunshine and fishkid and I can keep those walleye and crappie chasing our lures. Any fishing done lately in the area for an update would be greatly appreciated.
Also fish Franklin,Johnson,amongst others. Does anyone know the name of the resort on Johnson? I know its on an island.
Thanks and good luck Fishin!
Ron

Ron, Black Duck has been taken over by big big bluegills. We have had an absolute blast catching 10" gills. We brought home 30 bluegills and had 4lbs of fillets ! We had a nice fish fry for some friends from Australia. We usually catch a couple of walleyes as well but mostly at night. I watched a guy pull in a small bluegill the other night and a big smallmouth came up and hit it. it looked like a 5lb + smallie.
(I caught a 5.5 lb smallie out of there last summer) BD is definately one of my favorite local lakes.

jonny_redhorse

exzoni.......john here from L&M.....sounds like you guys had a great time!....gotta love those bull bluegills!...dynamite on a flyrod!....takes up to 7 years to get a 10" gill....those certainly were some beauties you guys caught there!....jonny

Thanks for the info. We usually catch about 10 or so that big the whole week on elephant.(if we are lucky) Actully caught one on a #5 shad rap and on a large hula popper casting. lol Don't keep-em but they sure put up a battle! Plenty of eater eyes to eat. And hopefully some slabs. Were u just fishin the weeds everywhere? I'm gettin butterflies just thinkin about it.

Ron

[This message has been edited by minnowscoop (edited 07-20-2004).]