Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tandbabs

Kab first timers

tandbabs

Hi, my wife and I are staying for a week at the west end of Kab at Sandy Point Lodge starting Aug.1 We are using a lodge boat and don't want to travel too far. We are mainly looking for pike and panfish. Maybe with some luck a few eyes. Will be trolling rapalas and the like for pike, what color patterns work good. Just looking for some fish for the basket and a relaxing time. Thanks for any infor

Pikefisher

There are many good bays at that end of the lake that usually hold lots of pike. You don't have to worry about motoring too far from Sandy point to get into the pike.

Over the past few years we have had a lot luck using neon green and yellow spoon. It seems to do the trick in just about every light condition as long as you are fishing weeded areas.

Anybody else have some tips on August pike fishing?

Good Luck,
Pikefisher

Kab Dreamin

We always have good luck in front of the Rock Gardens (Clyde River)for both northerns and smallmouth. My biggest smallie (4 lbs.) came off of the sand bar just at the mouth of the river. I never catch the big northerns but people with me have caught a 12, 13 and 14 lb northern working the weedline from the point on the east edge of the mouth of the river over to the dock at the Rock Gardens.

We have also had pretty good luck fishing northerns around the island at the back of Moose Bay.

Oddly enough, most of the bigger fish have come off of fat raps. Otherwise, the usual assortment of daredevils, spinnerbaits, bucktails, etc.

------------------
Kab Dreamin

"Lost Bay is the place to be"

guts

Tandbabs,
Lots of good Pike fishing on that end, sorry no panfish, crappies somtimes eary season but not in the fall. Lots can change between now and
aug 1, check site often, Good luck guts