• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's the latest fishing report Fishkab?

Fishkab and/or others. What has been happening lately? Heading up there next week (be up there on the 10th). Are the water temps still cold? Are the 'eyes shallow (i.e. Tom Cod Bay)? Can't wait to get out of here and up there for a little R&R. I'm in a black Lund ProSport with a 115 Merc. If anyone sees me out there, stop by and say hi. MercMan.

------------------

Mercman--

I will be coming up to Kab on 6/14. Sure would like a report on those 'eyes after you catch your share. Good Luck!!

I got back a few days ago from Kab... It is slowly improving, with water temperatures in the lower to middle 50's (as of 4 days ago.. I fished in the cemetery Islands on the 30th, and found a few eyes in 12 feet.. also, the front end of the grassy islands has a large sand bar that gos from 2 feet to 10 in a hurry.. you will see quite a few weeds in the area, as well as a few boats.. we pulled 10 or so out of there... my girlfriend couldn't keep the northerns off.. Peterson bay at night.. look for a nice house with big windows.. 8 feet of water out in front of it.. you will nail them! good luck

1Warrior, I'd love to share with you the stories of all the big fish I'm going to catch, but Monday the 14th is our travel day back to reality (don't want to think about that) so we'll be crossing paths.

Marcpers101 - thanks for the report. We don't mind catching toothies. They eat just fine.

------------------

Add me to the list of anxiously awaiting some news. I'll be making my first trip to Kab June 19-26. Have fished Crane/Sand Point the last six years and have done well but decided to change it up this year and move further up the chain.

Headin' up to Tom Cod Bay area myself on the 12th. Would appreciate any reports before my departure. This is a 1st time for me.

Thanks!

MercMan - I was up to Kab over the weekend, fishing is improving as I have fished the opener, Memorial and this past weekend. Deep water 30 - 40 feet was the ticket with Jigs & Fatheads. The fish were very aggressive with few lost on the way up. My live well looked like a minnow factory at the end of the day, their feeding but scattered. 3/8" Gold, Chartruese, White, Red & Black Jigs worked well. Water Temp is on the rise with
the warmest reading being 64. With a steady wind and warmer temps I would think the bait fish will begin to move in the shallows.

Good Luck and Post a Report!

lakertaker

Mercman, Lakertaker has it right. However, the shallow bite is starting to get better each day. Some of the windy bays produced fish today. Most of the shallow fish were all too big. All 18-22 inch fish. Most of the keepers are still coming on jigs and minnows in the deeper water. That will change a little daily however. The evenings the dock fishing has started to pick up so the fish are moving into the shallow water early and later in the evening. Goodluck Fishkab