Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
loadster33

Resorts on Kabetogama Lake

loadster33

Hi my family and I are staying at Syder's Idlewild Resort the 3rd week in June and we were wondering about the ins and outs of the resort we chose this place for the heated pool and play ground we have a 17 year old daughter 16 year old son and daughter an 8 year old daughter and a 18 mouth old daughter we were also wondering if there was anything else for the kids to do because some of them dont like to fish but thsy love to shop lol thanks Loadster

Not much else to do except outdoor activites.

Fish, hike, swim, enjoy the outdoors.

You can drive to I-Falls (about 35 miles) and there is a movie theater there and lots of shops.

You can also make the trip to Kettle Falls and see the Kettle Falls Hotel (old brothel) and it's a cool trip.

Pull up on an island and bobber fish, explore the island, etc. There also are day-camp sites that have nice swimming beaches (yes, I know it's June and the water will be COLD).

Good Luck!

Scott

loadster33

Thanks Scott for the info I might have my hands full lol do u know anything about Syder's Idlewood resort?

guts

Synders is a great resort, thr previous owners, Jerry and his wife have turned it over to Jerrys son, very nice new family operation. They have repainted, reroofed all cabins, and put new mattresses on each bed.

The hot tub and pool are a real bonus. The VNP may have some interesting activites, and there will be bingo, one or two nights of the week.

They do have an outfitter up here that teaches cayaking. In town there is a 5 screen theater, and a bowling alley that has an arcade. Try to enjoy nature because it is at its best up here. guts

loadster33

Thanks Guts for the info we are a very out doorse family but if it rains we are in trouble and I just wanted to know if there was any other activitys up there we have gone to alot of resorts in Minn. and never had a bad experience yet Knock on wood thanks Loadster33

fishinfritz

Loadster33,
My wife's side of the family has been going to Snyder's (previously Whipple's)Idlewild for many years, usually the second week in June (this year 6/12-19). We have always enjoyed it up there. The one thing nice about the pool location is that even if there is a cool north wind off the lake, the pool is protected, and usually gets the sun, and it stays warm. They have a lodge with a pool table and a fireplace. Even though its not huge, it certainly is a good place for the kids to hang out on a rainy day. Bingo is a fun activity a couple of nights during the week. Also, just driving around you can see a lot of wildlfe, even bears and moose if you are lucky.
We certainly enjoy our time there every year.

89Bronco

If the kids do get bored and you head to the Falls, don't forget there is Ranier about 3 miles east of town which has a couple of knick-knack / tourist shops and I believe Tara's still sells ice cream there. Plus they have a nice beach. You can also head over the bridge into Fort Francis, Ont. There are a few shops and restaurants over there too. I don't know what your kids' traveling experiences are, but when I was younger we always thought it was "cool" to say that we got to go to Canada for the day. Just remember that the bridge is a toll bridge so you have to pay a fee.

If you go south to Orr, you can check out the Vince Shute bear place and watch the black bears. You turn at the Dam supperclub south of Orr. I would check ahead of time because I think they are closed on certain days.

loadster33

Thanks for the info its great to have the ins and outs on were we r going its going to make our family vac. a great one its nice to know that in the midwest people take care of one enother I hope all of you have a wonderful summer and if anyone is coming to South Dakota for anything feel free to get a hold of me we are fishing and hunting crazy we go every weekend all year around so if u ever deside to do anything let me know i will sure try to show u a good time i do a ton of waterfowel hunting and i know were all the hot spots r and i would even take u i have all the gear decoys,boats u name it thanks again Jason