Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Sifty

? for fishkab

Sifty

Fishkab I will be coming up for the opener (company trip). Have never fish Kab. Was wondering if you have a few tips.We will be staying on the Ash river. Thanks for the help.

Sifty

fishkab

Sifty, The water temp on opener will determine where the fish are. Some years the fish are in deep water and the vertical jig will do the trick. Talking 30 plus feet of water. If the water warms, the fish can still be in the shallow and the windy shorelines will hold lots of fish. The opener is a little later this year so you may have to check it out right away in the morning. The spawn should be done so sometimes they are in the deep water recuperating, if it warms they will move shallow and feed. Good Luck Fishkab

Sifty

Thanks fishkab, I'm looking forward to getting on the water. Is there a favorite color for Kab and is there a favorite minnow?
Sifty

fishkab

Sifty, the favorite colors are the chartruse, green, and I do well with blue for much of the year. I have about every color and sometimes if you work a spot and keep changing colors it can work. I usually have every person in the boat start with a different color and find the one.. It changes from day to day sometimes. Have a good assortment. I use either shiners or fatheads early. Good Luck Fishkab

Sifty

Fishkab, Thank you for the help. If you see a green 1850 sportfish on the lake give a wave. Good Luck

Sifty

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• bluewater2
      Thanks for the up dates, we were going to come up today to find a different spot to park but have to work. Weather is supposed to be good. Hope to get on the board too.
    • Cheers
      What size  holes ?
    • OhioVike
      I don't know, not getting your mail delivered to your door is a very egregious situation.  He also has a great sense of history indicating he has vision.  Letting us know he erected his sign in 2008 provides a vivid example of his powers.  He sees the future well...he gonna be pissed at somethin!  A bit of a Nostradamus.  
    • Cret Jigs
      I will be out on Blue on Saturday morning. ... see you out there 
    • Wanderer
      That’s pretty awesome! I’ve been keeping an eye out around the house but haven’t seen enough activity to coax me out in the temps we’ve been having.  We mainly have fox around the house, and only one good yote.  We had a young wolf do a lap around the house in the spring but haven’t seen him around since.  I know I couldn’t shoot him but I’d sit out just to see him if he started showing up again. Mainly turkey tracks as of late.  
    • Wanderer
      Probably two of the safest bets in the area. I haven’t fished Crooked off Bunker for several years but it always seemed to have plenty of fish. Have you ever been on the Moore lakes near 65 and 694?  Sometimes they get a lot of attention, and I’d have to think for good reason.   Twin Lakes in Robbinsdale used to be a favorite stop for us when we were young.  Did good on pannies and surprisingly well on pike. If you don’t mind traveling further west, Medicine is a pretty good lake.  Lots of memories fishing the crappie hole in front of the beach on the southwest side.
    • PRO-V
      Gulp spray seems to help also.
    • Wanderer
      I prefer ciscoes too.  I just don’t always have access to them.  They leave a better scent trail.  That’s part of the reason for a little kick of salt on the frozen suckers.  Anise could help too.
    • Hawg
      Not that I know of. First time I used one and constantly had to clear the shavings and drill kept cutting out. Drill is a 1200# fuel. 
    • PRO-V
      I always did best with frozen Cisco's suspended on a quick strike rig.
  • Share & Have Fun