Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
opbguy

Ice Out on Kab

opbguy

Anyone have a feel for the ice-out date on Kab? Will it be considered early or late & willit have any effect on the Walleye fishin the first week after opener? May 19th to the 23rd.

Thanks for any opinions

fishkab

Obpguy, It looks to me that the ice out is a course for a normal time frame. That means sometime late April to the first couple of days of May. The earliest that is has been out is April 15 and the latest on May 22. We should be right about in the middle of that. I'll post when it's gone. Fishkab

fishkab

rich4eyes, Here's the update. The ice is off the shorelines now. Some of the bays have quite a bit of open water. It looks like we should be out before the 1st of May. It is changing fast now, and once it starts moving around it is gone fast. I have open water from my house over to the Visitor Center. Lots of ducks are back and it is starting to look good. Open water that is!!!!!! Fishkab

rich4walleyes

What is the update on the ice at Kab? Has it started to break away from the shores yet? I am planning on coming up this weekend and get the cabin ready for the opener. any info would be great. Thanks

Rich

[This message has been edited by rich4walleyes (edited 04-20-2004).]

rich4walleyes

Thanks for the update on the ice. Do you think we will be able to launch a boat this weekend and move it to the dock? How is the water level? We have launched at the visitor center and then have to go just through Peterson Bay. Thanks

Rich

fishkab

Rich4walleyes, I don't think that you will be able to boat from the visitor center to Peterson bay this weekend. You will be able to back a boat in at the visitor center to run the motors and make sure they run. The ice is changing fast, but I don't think it will be open that much by the weekend. Another week and things should be pretty good for something like that. Fishkab